Sunday, April 5, 2009

New Coat!

We are headed NW in a few weeks to the Oregon Coast to see the Garner family and celebrate my Dad's 60th birthday. I've only been to the Oregon Coast a few times and I know that they receive much more precipitation than we do here in Colorado. Therefore, I only thought it was appropriate for Oliver to have a jacket to keep the rain and wind off of him. I had a vision of a yellow rain jacket and yellow boots, but I wasn't successful in completing that image. We did, however, find this fabulous jacket at REI. It was a win/win! Oliver LOVES it, it was on sale with a coupon and I had a dividend left to purchase it with so it was FREE!! Does it really get any better? Oliver doesn't think so, as you can see from the smiles in this pictures. Since it was a wet day yesterday we decided to try out the new jacket for our trip to the grocery store. We deemed the jacket a HUGE success!!! We'll have to see how it holds up to the wind and rain of the Oregon coast. Take note, if the trip is full of sunshine, warm weather and no need to wear a jacket, I won't complain. (Hint, Hint to those of you with inside connections to Mother Nature) If you think Oliver has a mischievous look in his eye, he does. This was about the time he was charging the camera with his big "take my picture" smile and his infectious laugh. Where was this smile at the Mammoth game?


1 comment:

Becky said...

Nice jacket Oliver - great shopping Carrie! I am ordering up a weekend of sunshine and minimal wind (just enough to fly a kite or two)! We are soooo looking forward to the visit - and Hazel just got a new raincoat as well, and matching boots. These two cousins are going to be stylin'!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails