Thursday, April 9, 2009

Cookie Monster

Once upon a time I used to make chocolate chip cookies quite often. Jen was always amazed that I always had the ingredients on hand. Needless to say, I haven't had the time or energy to make choc chip cookies in quite sometime. I don't know that I've made them in the 18 short months of Oliver's life. This past weekend, winter decided to set in (in April, no less) and it put me in the mood for baking. My Mom always says when the weather is crummy it is a great time to bake. My Mom is also one of the best bakers I know, which could tell you something about the weather they have. (She is the master at making the worlds best sugar cookies and can throw down 5 dozen in no time flat. YUMM!) When I was a kid it was always the best to get off of the school bus and come home to a warm house with Mom finishing up baked goods in the kitchen. AHHHH....

On another note, we rarely give Oliver sweets. Rarely as in, never. We figure he'll want them someday so why rush it. I warned Keith that this was a special occasion and he had to be treated to one of his Mom's chocolate chip cookies. I took a dozen pictures but I couldn't decide which ones to post because each one seemed to build on the last. Just like I can choose to put walnuts in my cookies if I want to, because I'm the cook. I decided I can post a dozen pictures if I want to, because I'm the editor. Ha Ha!!
First Bite...
" Hmmm... maybe I should dig in a little more. I'm quite curious as to what I am tasting."
"I think I might like this, but I'm not sure that I should show it."
"What on earth are these brown squishy things? Whatever they are, they are quite tasty and I may finger paint with them someday."
Going in for another bite. It is important to have the correct elbow angle when attacking a cookie.

"Hmm... not too bad. Wait, what is Dad doing? I had better keep a close eye on him."
This is when Keith thought two bites of cookie were enough so he was going to break most of it off so that Oliver didn't get too much. Oliver wasn't going for it and was quick to throw down the signs...
"MORE, MORE, MORE!!!"
Oliver nearly had a melt down when Keith tried taking most of his cookie, but I didn't get that on camera.
"Ahhhh... happy days are here again!!!"
I think he likes it!
NO, He LOVES It!
We may have created a Cookie Monster!!!
After dinner, Oliver saddled up in his rocking chair and watched a little Ratatouille. I thought it was quite cute and funny that he pulled out his own little rocking chair and snuggled in with a blanket.

2 comments:

rbgarner said...

ah, thanks for the nice complement. Baking is always fun when you have someone who appreciates it. Looks like you will be doing more baking. Oliver will be requesting more of those yummy treats.

Anonymous said...

Oliver is getting so big. We are missing out on too much of his life. We'll have some serious catching up to do. And it appears I might be able to persuade him into thinking Aunt Lindsey is his favorite with some home-made chocolate chip cookies. I'm not ashamed to bribe a child.

Thanks for keeping us updated. I look at the blog all the time. What a precious boy! Miss you and love you all.

Related Posts with Thumbnails