Saturday, July 19, 2014

12 Day Road Trip: Day 8: Reunions and Birthdays

On Saturday of the reunion, the day was filled with a picnic in the park.  Right out of the gate, Oliver and Kellan were off to make new friends who had a soccer ball.
The class in the park.
That afternoon, we were ready to Par-Ty!  Party 9 year old style, that is.
9 years ago on July 31, my little brother Shane became a Dad.  On this day, we celebrated Rio turning 9.
Most kids give their Dad's gray hair.  Rio just gave his Dad long hair.  Ha!
Actually... Kellan was back at taking photos.
This must have been my "yes, I'm smiling, but you're freaking me out with that camera.  Don't you dare drop it, smile."
Cheese!
There he is, the man of the hour with his chocolate chocolate cake, 
RIO!
Make a wish, Rio!
The birthday boy and his cousins celebrating.
Can you tell that Kellan just woke up from a much needed nap and wasn't in the party mood.
Yes, but there was a party to be had, so party we did.
Whoopie!
Saturday night was our last event of the reunion.  It was our dinner at the golf course.
I hadn't been to the golf course in probably 20 years.  I definitely hadn't seen the new club house and it was such a great improvement over what was there when I played in high school.

It was so fun to see classmates again, some of which weren't at the previous two events.  One of the highlights for sure was enjoying dinner with Krista and Jason.  We first met Jason at our 10 year reunion and he and Keith hit it off famously.  Krista and I have been in school together since Kindergarten and we were BFF's in high school.  Krista and Jason just welcomed their second son into the family and I was so anxious to catch up on how they were doing.  Dinner was definitely not enough time together, but it we enjoyed every minute of it.
Carrie and Keith having fun at the reunion.
Some of the girls: Kaya, Pam, Jesseca, Krista and Carrie
It was so fun talking with these girls and catching up.  It was definitely a highlight.
Krista and Carrie, together again 20 years outside of high school and now Mommy's to two boys each. 
The final class photo until our next reunion.
I know, it doesn't look like much, but when you didn't graduate with a very big class, this is huge.  For 20 years I have thought that we graduated with 96 people.  At the reunion the word was that we graduated with 84.  I have no idea how I lost 12 people in my count, but by the time that I graduated I had passed all of my required math classes so it's not like I was being graded for my adding ability again until I went to college.

It was such a great time and both Keith and I are so glad that we went.  It was great to catch up with classmates as well as get to know their significant others.  We are already looking forward to our next reunion, but definitely not looking forward to being old enough to hit that next milestone.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails