Friday, July 18, 2014

12 Day Road Trip: Day 7: Anniversaries and Reunions

On Day 7, Kellan woke to find Grandma up.  He also found her collection of kids books.  The two of them enjoyed a quiet morning of reading and relaxing.

Yes, he's wearing the same outfit as the night before.  After a fun filled evening, he went straight from his car seat to bed without missing a beat.
Also...

On the 7th day of vacation, my true love said to me, "Why don't you spend the day with your Mother at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale."
Yes, Keith was speaking my love language... Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.

We didn't pause, we didn't hesitate, we hit the road and headed for the sale!

We had a fantastic afternoon at the Anniversary Sale and scored some great deals on some new shoes.  Of course, since we were in Spokane, the guys didn't take photos, so we didn't have any to show off the day of the boys trampolining or Keith riding Grandma's bike up their hill.

What we did find when we got home was Keith and Shane trying to fix Rio's 4 wheeler.


We found Grandpa trying to fix something too.
That night was the beginning of the event that started our whole road trip agenda: Carrie's 20 year high school reunion.

Gasp... I know... it's hard to believe that I could possibly be 20 years out from high school, but it's true.  For the record, I was only 17 when I graduated.

On the first night, we had some fantastic fun at Sporty's in town.  It was so fun to catch up with former (I almost said old... but we are NOT old) classmates.

Here are some of the girls who were there.
The highlight of this photo is not only how great we all look, but the Coors Light neon.  There was a full effort to pose in front of the Coors Light sign and I had NOTHING to do with that plan.  Seriously!  The Coors Light was flowing this night and many people said it was to support my employer.  It was a true highlight that I so very much appreciated.  Thanks Class of '94!
The girls and the guys from Friday Night.
Keith and I had such a great time.
Anniversary Sale by Day, Reunion at the local bar by night.  Really, it's what Fridays in the Summer were made for!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails