Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mothers Day 2013 in Photos

You've read the Mothers Day post where I poured my inner most thoughts out into a blog post.  Consider that a peak into my head and heart and what many blog posts sound like that are in my head but rarely make it to the blog.  Mostly, because when those moments come, they are long gone by the time I sit down to update the blog with photos capturing our memories.
So now... for your viewing pleasure and my desire to capture our memories in one location, here is Mother's Day as your accustomed to seeing it, captured in photos.

As mentioned in the earlier post, Mothers Day started with Oliver handing me this beautiful bouquet of flowers.  I loved them.  I loved them so much that I put them on the coffee table for all four of us to enjoy at eye level.
The two carnations in the middle were a great addition and came from the boys when I dropped them off at Primrose the Friday prior to Mothers Day.
Kellan was very curious about the colors before him.




Keith made reservations at Table Mountain Inn in Golden for a great Mother's Day brunch buffet.  We were some of the fortunate few who got to sit on the patio.  Kellan and Oliver thought that they hit the jackpot when they discovered that they got to eat mini corn dogs and mac and cheese for breakfast.
"Here Mommy, you eat it"
"Now I eat it"

Keeping a close eye on the action while sucking down apple juice.
Popping in the last of the mini corn dog.
What What What???
Dessert for breakfast?
Only on Mothers Day







Show me some LOVE!
(Err... chewy brownie bite)

Oliver has been trained quite well.  He dished out a back rub for Mother's Day.  He already knows the way to a woman's heart.
Mommy and her boys.
We decided to take advantage of the nice day before we had other places to be, so we took a walk down Washington street to Clear Creek.  The boys were adorable, arms around each other, in front of Ace Hi Tavern.  As adorable as they are, I hope this is not the scene after they turn 21.  At least if it is, I know they have each others back.
Mommy and her boys, hand in hand.

There were SO many pretty flowers in bloom.  Spring took FOREVER to show up in Colorado this year since we had a very late winter snowfall every week in April.  Ugh!  However, this made the flowers for Mothers day gorgeous.  Oliver was very excited to take a photo in front of this pot of flowers on Washington Street.  I love these boys to pieces.
Mommy and her boys in front of the many many tulips.




Oliver was on the hunt for more pretty flowers and he liked these that were just at the right eye level for him.
At the creek, the trees had not yet budded out, but the creek was flowing steady from the mountain snow run off.
The boys were VERY excited about pine cones that they had found, especially Kellan (showing here).  Moments like this make me realize how different their childhood is than mine.  They are over-the-moon excited about pine cones and have to ask what they are.  When I was a kid, I swore that if I never saw a pine cone again (or had to pick them up out of the yard, at least) that I would be just fine. Clearly I have met my objective since the boys didn't even know what they were.





We saw a stage by the creek with a few rows of seats so Oliver gave us a preview of his Memorial Day show that is coming up at Primrose.


Kellan was being goofy.  I'm sure that he was just waving his hand, but to me, he looks like he is saying "squish your head, squish your head" to his Daddy.  Or maybe he was silencing him like on Austin Powers, "shh... shh.. shhh."
We had a great Mothers Day morning, but the best was yet to come.
At noon, Oliver had his first playoff game for flag football.  As much as it would have been nice to do something special for Mother's Day, I love watching Oliver play flag football, so it was nice all the same.
Kellan had taken his position in his Cars Chair with Netflix on Mommy's iPhone.  
Oliver had taken his position on the field and was ready to play some tough defense.

Once again, images capturing illegal blocking moves by the offense but it doesn't phase defensive man, Oliver.

Play-by-Play and he has the flag.
Later on the sidelines, he takes a breaks with the team.
Like always, he played offense as well and made good progress down the field.

He hiked the ball to Colby, a buddy from school.

Mommy took a potty break, first one, ever, during football.
They are port-a-potties, so you really have to go if you're going to go.
Then, it was time for the biggest play of the day.
Keith told me, "hey, He's going to get the ball".  At first, I didn't get it, then, I saw what was to come.
Preston got the ball.
Preston passed the ball to Oliver (open air throw).
Mommy held her breath and forgot to take a mid-motion photo)
Oliver caught the ball, pivoted and RAN!
We didn't have the video camera (I know... we're slackin') so here is play by play photos,
GO!
GO!
GO!
GO!
GO!
GO!
GO!
GO!
GO!
GO!
TOUCHDOWN OLIVER!!!!!!!!
Best Mothers Day Gift, EVER!!!!
It was SO Awesome and we were SO Proud!!!!

On the sidelines, Kellan couldn't watch.  It was TOO much!
Is he there yet?
"I can't take it!"
Or... maybe just a game of peek-a-boo with Mommy.
Life is good on the sidelines for Kellan.  Two more years buddy, and you'll be out there too.  In the meantime, just catch up on Mickey Mouse and your tan.
Thanks to my Boys (all three of them) for the best Mother's Day ever.  I'm thankful each and every day that Oliver made me a Mommy and Kellan was the cherry on top.  I'm thankful that they have an amazing Daddy who helps teach them how to make their Mommy feel like the best Mommy in the entire world.  My cup floweth over.
Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Jedi Mama said...

Could your boys even BE any cuter?! They bring you flowers... they take you to brunch... they score touchdowns... you're pretty blessed!

Related Posts with Thumbnails