Saturday, August 4, 2012

Simple Pleasure Saturday

Watch out Star Wars... We have a Luke Skywalker in the making.
He is stealthy in his steps.
He'll draw his sword with grace and speed.
I feel sorry for the unsuspecting Daddy in the shower.
After a few weeks of crazy transition, time had run our for me to pack my moving boxes.  That's right.  After 11 years in the brewery, 7 of which were in brewing and the past 5 were in the same office, I had decided to make a complete move in my job.  Still within MillerCoors, I have moved over to Customer Supply Chain in New Product Execution.  Since it was Saturday and I had to get packed up, I brought along the most handsome helper ever.  His options were to take a nap or go with Mommy.  I'm not sure that he was thrilled about going to the office, but it was better than the alternative.  Plus, there was a Starbucks stop in the journey.
As we got off the elevator on the fourth floor I noticed the new Golden Brewery sign they had just put up so I had Oliver take a photo in front of it.  Plus, I know my friend Wanda is a dedicated blog reader and I thought she might like to see a few of the sign changes as well.  Wanda is not only a friend, but she is the woman who retired to vacate my last job in the Brewery. I am so very thankful that I met Wanda, we became friends and she retired so I could occupy her job!  I found my passion and my niche and it wouldn't have been possible without timing and fate pulling us together.  Plus, I gained a friend for life.  As Wanda would say "Life is Good!"
Just before entering the hallway to my office is the VIP tour route in Malting.  This also proved to be a spectacular photo op.  Up until a few years ago, all of the tours came down this hallway.  They have since re-routed the tours and now only VIP tours venture this direction.  You can see, Oliver has his juice box ready and waiting to be devoured.  Being in the brewery makes EVERYONE thirsty for a cold beverage!  (age appropriate, of course!!)
Once in my office, Oliver bellied up for an old fashion doughnut and a juice box.  YUM!
Six moving boxes, two potty visits and two hours later, our job was complete.
On the way out, I considered taking Oliver past the copper brewing kettles but since that is on the tour route which is CRAZY busy on Saturday's, we went the regular route past the old Adolph Coors Company sign.  Plus, he found a treasure.  What could it be?  Wait for it.... drum roll.... 
...a silver push pin!!!!!!!  When you're a kid, it's the little things that are amazing.  When you're an adult, you don't realize what little treasures are so exciting.  With this push pin, he was entertained for an hour demolishing his Starbucks bag into little itsy bitsy tiny pieces.
At the bottom of the elevator and at the entrance to the Brewery is another new sign which provided for another new photo op for Oliver AND the push pin!
Since we were well on our way with our photo tour, we paused as we headed to the car to take a photo of Oliver in front of Mommy's work location for the past seven years.  (First four in the Warehouse, way to the right) The new job will take me to an office building across the way that is behind me taking the photo.  I am SUPER excited for the new adventures and opportunities as well as a bit nostalgic about leaving the brewery.  One thing is for sure, I won't miss the mile hike to get to my office.
What do you know... there is that push pin again!
Take this as a reminder of the little pleasures that come from the most unexpected things.
We had a great trip to the brewery to pack up.  Oliver was a super trooper helper and entertainer.  The sun was shining, the day was great, Life is Good!

2 comments:

Wanda said...

I loved this! And life is really good isn't it! Now your office is at NOB? I'll look forward to hearing all about it as you settle in. Very exciting and great timing for you. Thanks for this blog, it made me smile and cry! wjo

Jedi Mama said...

1. The boy eats exactly the same thing from Starbucks that Oliver had.

2. The boy used to carry his sword exactly as Kellan does, when he was littler.

Obviously, we have very cool children!

Related Posts with Thumbnails