Wednesday, September 30, 2009

"In My Life", "We All Live In A Yellow Submarine", [with] "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"

Two weekends ago, Oliver and I went to Costco while Keith went to watch football with his friends. As we were cruising the music section I noticed that they had the Beatles CD's. I have been waiting for them to hit Costco again for literally fifteen years!!! My Mom bought them at Costco when I was in high school and I loved listening to them. When I moved out I thought they should move out right along with me, but she disagreed. Bummer! I know I could have bought them anywhere, but there was something about holding out until they were at Costco. Nostalgia, maybe. I was so excited!!! Later in the week, we were playing the music during dinner and after dinner Oliver decided it was time for a dance marathon. Keep in mind, a dance marathon is actually doing laps around the coffee table while waving your hands around like a crazy person. Oliver's dance marathon is also more fun when Mom joins along. There is no way I could resist "more dance, Mommy" every time he would see me slowing down.

Even Oliver would take a quick break now and then to lay his head on the cool leather couch.
As the dance marathon went on, Oliver's clothes came off and the laps around the coffee table continued.
(This picture reminds me that we have the next Michael Phelps with a long torso and short legs. Now you can see why his pant legs are always rolled up)
Shortly after this, we ended up with a streaker in the house when Oliver managed to get every stitch of clothing off. I'll save those pictures for an embarrassing moment when he brings his first girl friend home.
All good things must come to an end, even dance marathons.
If they must end, there is nothing better than dancing a slow song with mother and son.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails