Saturday, May 31, 2014

Oh Golden Day

When the Heinemans call you on a Sunny Saturday for lunch in Golden, you go.
We love living so close to downtown Golden.  There are people who travel to come here but we just saunter down the road and arrive.  It's fantastic.

The boys enjoyed watching the river rush by from the steps of the restaurant patio.
Oliver, Owen and Kellan (who kept a watchful eye on the rushing water below)
I went to the restroom and when I came back, I saw this.
Complete Cuteness.
Yes, it may be cuteness centered around an iPhone, but it's still cuteness.
After lunch, we took the boys for Frozen Yogurt as a treat for being so patient with the parents LONG conversations.
Oliver was in charge of filling his bowl.  As it kept piling in, I said "NO MORE NO MORE" and he replied with "I CAN'T GET IT TO SHUT OFF".  This may have been a ploy.  He was pulling down instead of pushing up on the handle.
Oliver teaching his little brother how to load up his healthy frozen yogurt with not-so-healthy toppings.
The results, a $7 frozen yogurt and a VERY happy boy.
All three boys, so happy for their treat.
Oliver taking a ride on the wild side.
After we parted ways, we went for a walk to the creek so that the boys could go down the slide.
Clearly, there was no sliding today.  The mountain run off had completely buried the landing pad, along with the fish statues.  Finally, the fish can swim in real water.
The brewery and flooding Clear Creek from downtown Golden.
Since we couldn't ride the slide, we hiked the rocks.

I went to take some photos of Kellan and he busted out some great Lion roars.
"Mommy, I'm a Lion, Roar."



Do you feel like you just watched a Lion in the zoo roaring?  I do.  Kellan has such a big and amazing imagination.  He's constantly talking and imagining.

Our rock climbing guy.
"Mommy, take a photo of me on the Dragon."
Again, roaring, except this time it's like a Dragon.
As I was taking photos of Kellan, I noticed that Oliver and Keith had snuggled up on the top of the rocks.  I sure do love catching quiet moment like this.


Not to be outdone, two last photos from Kellan.

Oh Happy Day!
Oh Golden Day!

1 comment:

Jedi Mama said...

I'm probably the type who would feed that lion, you know... regardless of the signs that say DON'T GIVE THE WILD ANIMALS COOKIES. I'd probably also smuggle him out of the zoo and buy him Legos...

Related Posts with Thumbnails