Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mothers Day 2014

Finally... Mothers Day had arrived.  It was a day that was much anticipated by the very special boy who made me a Mother first, Oliver.  He had been counting down the days and putting together big surprises for Mothers Day.
He woke me up and said "do you want your presents?"  Of course I do!!!
He had all kinds of great gifts that he had made for me that each had very personal touches.
The white tile (in the back) is a thumbprint flower.  He said that he made it red because he knows that is my favorite color.
The tea pot is covered in red roses, because he knows that's my favorite flower.
The purple and pink flower he made at Primrose in his spare time.
He was SO very thoughtful and choice-full in his designs.  I loved each and every thing.
Take note of the weather.
Again, Red Roses, because they're my favorite.
Love Them!
Kellan had a group of gifts for me as well.  He gave them to me on Friday when I went to have breakfast with him at Primrose.
It is amazing how observant he is.  I also think that I need to take up tennis and an appreciation for commercials :)
I love these kinds of gifts.
This was one of my favorites.  This was presented like a flower pot with Popsicle sticks with statements about what Kellan loves about his Mommy.  The "flower" of the pot was a photo book mark.  The book mark went missing and we can't find it.  As you can imagine, since photos are one of my favorites, it breaks my heart.  I'm still hoping that it will turn up.

What does Kellan love about Mommy?
"I like to snuggle with her"
"I like to play trains with her"
"To play Mickey Mouse with her"
"To make breakfast"
"To sleep with her"
Yes, he likes to sneak into our bed in the very early hours of the morning and sleep right next to his Mommy.  He won't want to snuggle close and sleep next to me forever, so we let it slide now and again.
For Mothers Day morning, the boys made a fantastic quiche.

Oliver and Kellan made a bowl of berries.
At last, it was time for breakfast.  We were all quite excited.
The plan for Mothers Day was to enjoy a nice breakfast at home and then spend the afternoon watching Oliver play flag football.  It was going to be fantastic!
Instead, we got the message on Sunday morning that Oliver's game was cancelled due to the rain, snow and wind.
THIS is what happened on Mothers Day.  It Snowed!
Kellan got a bit eager to go outside, so he and his Daddy went out to shake the snow off of the newly leafed trees.
That afternoon, we made individual pizzas.  This is something that we never think to do, but with the storm coming in, the idea popped into my head while I was grocery shopping on Saturday.  I'm so glad that it did since this was such a great time.  We all loved it!


(Mommy snuck away to the basement and got in a workout prior to making lunch. YAY!)
Hey Hey Pizza Day!
After 10 minutes in the oven, we had some piping hot pizzas!
What a fantastic Mothers Day!  It was definitely the best yet.  Yes, our plans were changed due to a bit of snow, but it was a welcome gift to have our calendars clear so that we could lounge around all day.

More than anything, I was excited to spend a day with the two boys who made me a Mother.  Having the boys is the best thing that we ever did and I love that I get to be their Mommy.  I'm one lucky lady to have them.

2 comments:

Wanda said...

Oh Carrie, those boys must melt your heart. How sweet to read these Mother's Day notes. They are lucky to have you as their Mom, you are giving them a life time of loving memories.

Jedi Mama said...

I'm just over here at my house, seconding what Wanda said!!

This was such a sweet, SWEET post.

Related Posts with Thumbnails