Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I Have an App for That

Looking back, I completely forgot what I was really going to title the blog post of my weekend in Washington with my Mom.  It was suppose to be titled "I Have an App for That".  Oh yes, the handy iPhone saved us on numerous occasions.  When we needed to know if Starbucks on Division was open at the late hour my flight came in, I had an app for that.  When we wanted to know the movie time for The Help, I had an app for that. When we needed to find directions to the court house in Coer d'Alene because it was a land mark to find my cousins wedding shower, I had an app for that (and then we discovered we were in the wrong city.  Not because of the app, but because of the invite instructions that were for locals and not Washington folk).  When my aunt gave us directions to the wedding shower, we had an app to decipher that, and we found the wedding shower in Hayden Lake, ID.  When we wanted to find a Starbucks on the way home from the wedding shower, with a drive-thru, we had an app for that.  Plus, Mom now knows where a new convenient location is for her and Dad to stop.  (Super funny moment for us... We ordered and then I zoomed right past the window without our drinks.  What can I say, I thought we had to go around the corner.  The window is ALWAYS around the corner from the order location.  The funniest part was, the window girl saw me!  Ok... maybe you had to be there.  We laughed for a long time.  Fortunately I noticed the error of my driving ways and backed up to get our drinks.)  When we were lost trying to get to Cabellas, which we could clearly see from the Interstate, I had an app for that.  (By the way... whoever designed the roads to get into Cabella's is an idiot.  The road designer clearly owned stock in Wal-Mart since we had to drive a very confusing route which happened to go by Wal-mart.  Conveniently suspicious.)   After Cabellas when we wanted pizza at Rocky Rococco's downtown Spokane and Mom couldn't remember the exact street, I had an app for that.  When we wanted another Starbucks with a drive thru, we had an app for that.  The list goes on and on....  Mom enjoyed teasing me, I'm sure.  I'm also sure she was thankful for the apps, especially the Starbucks locator.  Then it happened... the app didn't come through for me.  We were a bit early getting to the Spokane for my departure flight but we wanted to get through construction.  I found a handy Starbucks on the other side of Spokane, near the airport.  We were going to get through construction and if we had time (which we had) we were going to stop for one last drink.  The app took us through some winding streets and back into some sub-division with no Starbucks in sight.  We considered knocking on someones door to ask for a cup of coffee but we decided there was no guarantee that we would get our Grande Non-Fat No-Water Chai and a 2 Pump Vanilla Latte, Light Foam, Extra Hot.   So... we drove away with our heads hanging low, then pulled up an app to get us out of there and back on track toward the airport.

1 comment:

Jedi Mama said...

And sometimes when you poke fun of someone's "app for that," you'll need to eat your crow with a side of mustard sauce, because when YOU travel, you'll need to get the same "app for that," just so you can find a stinking Starbucks in a new town before you die of Chai Deprivation! Just sayin'. But whew. At least I didn't drive off past the window WITHOUT my chai latte!

Related Posts with Thumbnails