Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wonderful Wednesday in Florida

Wow!  It's Wednesday already?
For a change of pace, we thought we would try the pool instead of the beach.  We were hoping to give it a try with Kellan.  However, the pool was not as much fun as sand and surf from a three-year-olds perspective   While Kellan took a cat nap at the pool, Keith and Oliver went to check out the beach.  They returned a short time later to report that the water and wind was calm and there were much fewer love bugs on the beach.  This was the last day of measurable bugs and they really are a love hate bug.  They may love each other, but no one else seems to have any affection for them.  Also when Keith and Oliver returned, Kellan had woken up from his short nap.
It didn't take long for Kellan to start to wonder what was on the under side of the lounge chair.
When we got to the beach we found a heron fishing for breakfast.  I believe this was the same bird I saw on my morning walk on the beach.  Oliver considered throwing a shell at the bird (boys! UGH!) but tossed it behind him after I told him that it wasn't a good idea.  I happened to get the mid-action shot.


We let Kellan crawl around on a towel and in no time he was off the towel and after the sand.
Oliver enjoying a mid-day strawberry beverage.
Kellan's patience at the beach was very short so Keith took him up to the room for a nap.  Oliver and I stayed at the beach and enjoyed the rest of the afternoon.  We spent most of our time surfing the waves in the ocean and looking for sea shells.  We also had some time on the beach playing in the sand.
I took a bazillion photos of Oliver enjoying the beach.  Here are a few of my favorites.

A man on a mission.
"Hey Oliver, give me your happiest vacation face and say "I Love Florida.""

This was some serious sand castle building.







Check him out, smiling at his work.
"Hey Mom, look at this sand."


Then the game of chase and sand fight began.  Oliver and I chased each other up and down the beach.  He chased me with dirty hands and I ran away backward snapping random photos.  Luckily, many of them turned out.  Also, fortunately for me, I never fell over in front of the crowd of people watching Oliver chase me down the beach.  That could have been interesting, huh?

Oliver was having such a great time and I think this picture captures the pure joy of our vacation.


Sometimes, an exposed crack is super cute.  Typically, that is when you've got a cute little three-year-old bum.


It took some work getting Oliver off the beach that day, but eventually we made our way back to the room for an afternoon nap, for both of us.
That night, Keith and I decided to take advantage of the baby sitter recommended by the resort.  It was a much needed night out on the town.  We went to Cafe L'Europe.  It was A-MAZ-ing!!!
A view of us from the street.
The dinner was so good that we took pictures of the food.
Caprese Salad.
The most amazing French Onion Soup that I have ever had.  Simply, the best, Ever!  The bowl was even a hollowed out onion.  Yummy!
This was so amazing, Keith can't remember what it was called.  Hmmm.... 
(When I asked him he said "the company was so enchanting, I can't remember what it was called".  What a charmer.
Potato Crusted Grouper on a bed of crab and lobster risotto.  The yellow sauce on the bottom was unbelievable.
The dessert was my least favorite.  It was a fudge like chocolate dessert.  I think there was probably something better, but the waiter said this was the best.  He was right on everything else, so we we'll forgive him.
What a Wednesday.  A full day at the beach, topped off with a night out on the town.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails