Monday, May 23, 2011

Grand Mother's Day Gift

For the last few years, I have had all kinds of gift ideas floating through my head, specifically for Oliver's Grandma and Nana.  This year, we finally took action.  I even went out on a limb and told both amazing Mother's that their gift was in progress but it would be late.  I knew that it would get done if I had committed to it.  So far, we're making great progress, even it it's late.  Such great progress that I'm busting at the seams to post pictures of it.  However, since these Great Mother's are regular readers of the blog, I'll have to wait to post about it until they receive their new treasures.  As a hint, here are a few photos of Oliver and I working on the project.  Oliver is working on some projects to keep for himself, so the mystery is not completely given away. 
I told Oliver he could pick anything he wanted to paint.  As a horse fan, he picked this little horse.

Oliver wanted to try his hand at one more project, so he picked out a new piggy band.  The piggy bank he has at home is nearly full, so he's ready to start another account.  I'm so excited about this piggy bank.  I think it will be a keep sake for some time to come.

Ok, that's enough for now.  More to come in a few weeks once Grandma and Nana have received their gifts.  We aren't quite finished, but I have high hopes for the final product.  I hope that it's worth the wait. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails