Friday, August 30, 2013

Post 800

It is true.  This is post number 800.  Since Mile High Hamiltons first hit the world wide web, I have posted 799 other posts and this is number 800.  Mile High Hamiltons started as a place for me to post a video of Oliver rolling over for the first time so that my family (mostly my Mom) could see it for herself.  The file was too large to send over the Internet and this was before Internet clouds and dropbox, which I now love.  This was nearly six years ago.  800 posts later and I'm considering branching out.

Mile High Hamiltons will still exist, but I have a pulling (or maybe nagging) feeling that I have more to say.  I have more to write about than just what our family is up to and report out on what has been captured on my camera.  I have been staring a list of things that I want to write about.  I would have never claimed myself to be a writer, but I do have a mind full of thoughts.  I have been told that my blog posts are entertaining or funny.  I'm considering wrapping all of this together and branching out on a new blog to divulge these inner thoughts and stories on the world wide web. 

It's scary and exciting to think about.  I read a few other blogs from people whom I've never met and I love them. I don't always agree with what they say, but I always agree that it's good to listen to (or read) other people stories and opinions.  It helps me look at this wide open world with a broader mind.  I have come to the frame of mind that as long as people are good hearted, it's great to surround ourselves with people who have different thoughts and opinions.  It makes us more well rounded.  I also see these good hearted blog writers receive criticism about what they write, but it is usually followed up with supportive comments from other readers.

So, here it is, blog post #800 in search of opinions.  Do I branch out or do I not?  I'm already up against my first challenge, what would I call that blog?  I would love to hear what you think either in a comment or personal message.  Most of my readers know me personally, so sending that message shouldn't be hard.  Plus, I'm up for blog naming suggestions.

Don't fret, Mile High Hamiltons isn't going anywhere.  It will probably still be a week or a month behind on reporting.  It will still be filled with fun adventures of the Ham Fam.  I'll just have another outlet for deeper thoughts.

1 comment:

Anne said...

I fully support this thoughtfully considered idea to branch out beyond MHH. As for a name for this new blog, how about keeping the "Mile High" and adding something after it...Mile High Thoughts/Musings/Meanderings?

Related Posts with Thumbnails