Sunday, June 23, 2013

Play Date

Oliver asks for play dates often, and often, I don't get them scheduled.  When we don't have things going on, we usually take full advantage of downtime.  Downtime usually involves running errands, going go the pool, doing chores around the house and relaxing when we can.  However, when Oliver recently asked for a play date with Preston and Colby, we didn't have anything planned for the upcoming weekend so we made it happen.  It was great fun for the boys to be all together.  It took them about 2.3 seconds to hit the backyard with a football.  It's SO great to see the kids play sports together.  They have such fun and learn so much about working as a team.
(Colby, Preston, Oliver)

While I was talking to Preston's Mom just after arriving, the boys had made it to the backyard and Kellan came in saying that he needed a hat.  He came downstairs with the Broncos helmet.  I'm not sure if it was for team spirit or protection.


At some point, they moved to the patio for a painting project.  I took a deep breath as the paint was flying and getting on our new patio and reminded myself that it could be washed off and it's just a patio.  (but a NEW patio!  breath, breath, breath.)
Preston, Oliver, Kellan, Colby
Preston showing off his work of art
Colby working hard on his masterpiece.
Colby's masterpiece
Keith working hard on his master piece, hot dogs for lunch
Bon Apetit!
Preston, Oliver and Colby
Preston, Oliver, Colby and Kellan
Before the boys went home, I made them pause for a photo.  I guess that I should have asked Preston if he needed the bathroom before we left.  Oops.  Or, maybe it was just a guy pose.  Who knows?
Preston, Colby, Oliver
What a great play date!
Looking back at these I think "hmm... I should probably schedule another play date before 2014 arrives".

1 comment:

Jedi Mama said...

It's a good thing those boys are outside playing sports, because you know what the alternative is: GIRLS.

And was that a giant bowl of Keith's famous guacamole on the patio table? It's only 8:30 in the morning here, but I'm thinking I could definitely go for guac and chips...

Related Posts with Thumbnails