Sunday, June 16, 2013

Patio Project Phase II A

Saturday morning of Father's Day weekend, I remember Keith getting up around 6 AM and when I strolled past the garage door, this is what I saw.
Father's Day weekend was all about Keith spending time in his man space with his man tools doing man things.  I know quite well that these could be woman things too, but not for this woman.
Keith was hard at work, welding Phase II A of the patio project.  We had received quotes on having Phase II build, but after seeing a picture in a magazine, he decided that this would be a great project that he wanted to tackle.
As the neighbors would curiously come by, they would ooo and aah at the masterpiece that was coming to be in our garage.  We heard a lot of comments like "you've really got talent", "there is no way that I would tackle that", "my wife would never trust me to do a project like this", "I wouldn't even know where to start" and "you have a welder AND know what to do with it??".  It was awesome.
Keith worked hard from 6 AM to 11 PM on Saturday and was back at it at 7:30 AM Sunday and worked until the storms came in around 5 PM.  He's a maniac when it comes to hard work and projects.
When I came home from the grocery store, this is what I saw.
What's this?  A break?
Oh no... just checking and double checking calculations.
The garage and driveway were showing signs of hard work.
Keith was showing signs of hard work.  He was covered in welding soot from head to toe but the refreshed (yet tired) glisten in his eye was great to see.

Saturday night, the neighbor helped Keith put the frame in place and the neighbors fabulous wife informed Keith that one of the angles didn't line up.  I was thankful for her comment because if I would have said it, it would have been nagging or complaining.  Instead, he said that he had to fix the angle to make her happy.  I suspect he thought that if she noticed it, so would others and he didn't want that.  So, thanks neighbor wife.  You saved our angle!
The frame was in place and now it was time for the wood work.
Can you envision yourself sitting at the bar on the left?
The structure was going in place and it was looking great.


The bar top was on and we were having visions of enjoying frosty beverages at our bar.
Hey look, Keith is already enjoying frosty beverages at the bar as seen in the little amber bottle on the bar top next to the sander. Don't worry, saws and welders were not combined with frosty beer beverages.  We do have safety in the front our minds.
Sunday evening, we covered the bar to protect it from the incoming evening storm.
Monday evening, we went out to admire Keith's handy work.  The boys were getting ready for a bath and I couldn't resist this photo.  

I can't decided, do we call it:
"Bare Naked"
"Stripped Down"
"Au Natural"
The list could go on and on.
Next up, staining and re-staining as well as bar stools in Patio Project Phase II B.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails