Friday, December 28, 2012

Lazin' Around with a New Camera

The next three days after Christmas were pure torture.  After four days off with FUN FUN FUN, we had to go back to work.  Ugh!  Fortunately, it was a three day work week and before we knew it, we were lazin' around on a Saturday morning.  Daddy even caught a picture of Mommy and her two boys lazin' in bed watching cartoons and working on the computer.
Oh wait!  This wasn't Saturday yet... this was still Friday!  Now that my memory comes back, the school had a frozen sprinkler system pipe on Thursday and the floors flooded.  The school was closed so we had to keep the kids home so we worked from home.  That's one of the best parts of always being able to be connected to the office.  

Eventually, we moved to the living room where Kellan was cozied up to his ears in his fuzzy Thomas blanket and Mommy and Daddy were setting up work stations in the office and kitchen table.  Oliver eventually went on a play date, which was a huge help for Mommy and Daddy to get some work done and Kellan went down for a LONG winters nap.  Long, like 5 hours.  This is his weekend ritual.  Crazy, right?!
Friday evening, Mommy pulled out her new camera and was testing out a few settings while Kellan was entertained with puzzles.

The boys busted out a game of Connect Four that they got from Aunt Lindsey and Uncle Jeff.  The game is big hit for the whole family and Oliver is getting pretty good at it.


Kellan busted out some Christmas Tunes in sync with the singing snow globes.

It appears that I haven't taken a shower yet.  Hmm....  Maybe I'm just back in my PJ's.  Plus, I was starting to come down with a cold this day so extended periods of time in your PJ's are called for.
Friday night, Patrick called Keith to invite Oliver to ski lessons on Saturday morning.  We said YES YES YES... but then had to scramble to get our ski gear together.  At one point, I overheard Keith telling Oliver, "it's a good thing that your Mommy is so organized because everything is where it should be." Ahhhh......  Compliments from the side.
While experimenting with my camera with no flash and our sprinting child, I caught this great action shot.  I don't know that I could replicate if I tried, because I did try :)
Kellan was enjoying the last moments with the tree and the ornaments.  It's coming down this weekend.
Mickey-The-Mouse is still a friend.  Yay!!  He is usually in one arm and occasionally, someone else is in another arm.  I just love how he peeks around Mickey's big ear.
An attempt at replicating the sprinting child.  The best replication of the bunch.




I love this too.  This could be a Disney add!!  If only Disney would agree with me and hire us for their advertisement.  Then... our boys could be in the new-age Mickey Mouse Club (does that even exist) and take the route of Justin Timberlake.  He seems to be a good guy, well, from what I read in US Weekly.  ha ha!!

It was great to be with the boys over the holiday and this Friday was an added bonus.  It's a challenge juggling them while working, but with both of us home it was manageable.  Plus, thanks to Oliver's play date, that helped out tremendously.  (Thanks Kristi!!) Plus, I LOVE my new camera... swoon!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails