Sunday, November 28, 2010

Santa 2010

The Sunday after Thanksgiving, we ventured out to meet Santa.  The trip didn't go exactly as imagined.  Keith woke up under the weather and was in no shape to tackle the Santa visit.  Since we had been talking it up with Oliver, he was fired up to chat with Santa and let him know what was on his Christmas list.  I asked Oliver if he could help me with Kellan and if so, we would head out to see Santa.  It was my first solo adventure with both boys and I must say, I mark it a huge success.

Oliver's plan was to ask Santa for "Handy Mandy and a firetruck puzzle with a fire truck that goes on it's own".  The first item we saw at Costco last weekend and the second we saw at the mall.  When we arrived at Santa's cottage, the line was quite long but Oliver insisted that he wanted to wait, so we did.  It was about 45 minutes until it was our turn and both boys were wonderful as we waited.  When Santa gave Oliver the signal, he ran right up to him and jumped in his lap but he wouldn't make a peep to tell Santa what he wanted for Christmas.  After a few minutes of me throwing hints Santa's way, I handed over Kellan.  I couldn't have asked for a better experience.  Then... everything fell apart.  As soon as we were done both boys had melt downs and were crying.  It must have looked bad since I had a random lady ask me if I wanted help and some little girl came up to ask why they were both crying.  (Kellan was hungry and that was quickly resolved)  Well, I discovered Oliver really had to pee.  Thankfully, the bathroom was right there and once he was done, he was much happier.  I wonder if he wouldn't have had to pee if he would have actually talked to Santa.  He was sad that he didn't talk to Santa but I guaranteed him that Santa knew what he wanted for Christmas.  Santa is magic and knows this stuff, you know.
Kellan was IN LOVE with Santa.  I think he could have stared at Santa all day and flashed his big blue eyes and dimple smile at him.  It was SO cute!   
See you Soon Santa!  Oliver is ready for you to arrive on Christmas Eve!

2 comments:

rbgarner said...

I love the santa picture - Santa even looks good..

Wanda said...

These pictures with Santa are priceless!

Related Posts with Thumbnails