Monday, November 1, 2010

Good Golly it's a Visit from the Garner Grandparents

Ok, so I am two weeks behind on my blog posts, but at least we are all well again, finally!

While Grandma and Grandpa were here, I had a sinus infection and Oliver had a stomach flu.  Unfortunately, we weren't able to have as much fun running around as we had planned but I was SO thankful that they were here to help out.  Then, last week, I came down with Oliver's stomach flu.  I was down and out for 2 days!  2 days with no food and body aches.  I always have more sympathy for the kiddos once I have the bugs they share with me.  That must be why they are so willing to share :)  I am also SO Thankful for Keith, who was able to come home early this past Friday to save the day.  Then again, when I woke up and desperately needed some ginger ale to wet my whistle and he was no where near to be found. I discovered him and Kellan outside chatting it up with the neighbors.  Hey, where is the love?!  Ok, so it was 80 degrees outside, do you blame him?

Needless to say, we had a nice visit with Grandma and Grandpa, in spite of our ailments.  Thankfully, Grandma took many photos, which she shared with me.

I just love this outfit on Kellan.  I call it the Colorado outfit, complete with fleece pants and vest.  So cute!
 Oliver headed to the park to kick some leaves.  He is NOT a photo loving kid anymore.  Can you believe MY kid fights photos?  What is this world coming too?  I find the most luck in getting action shots these days.
Checking out the neighbors Halloween display.  He loved driving by it every day. 

At the park on top of the climbing wall.  Don't worry, Grandpa was on the other side as a stand in safety device.

Kellan wanted out of the stroller...
 ... so Oliver wanted in the stroller.
 Back at the house, desperately trying to get some fall photos.

Is it possible to get a Mother and Sons photo?
Yes, but very quickly.

 To say Oliver loves his little brother is an understatement.  They both light up in each others presence.  It is SO fun to watch!


 Like I said, action shots are the best bet for photos of Oliver.  I'm not sure what this was but he thought it was a fun pose.
 Yippe Kai Yay!!  The dinosaur costume came in the mail!
As requested, a green triceratops.  Thank-you Internet search engine for helping me fulfil a three-year olds request.


 Kellan, chillin in the swing.  Occasionally he is cool with sitting in it.  At least he is getting more use out of it than Oliver.
 This is a common image in our house, bouncing babies on the yellow ball.  Grandma introduced us to this technique after she used it on our nephew Rio.  The babies LOVE to bounce on the ball, plus it is a good core work out for the bouncer (usually Mom or Dad).
 The thinking pose.
How can you resist this guy and all of his chins? 


Ahhh... Morning breakfast bliss! 
As Oliver would say, "his tummy is too full".
Bath time with Grandma.  Ahhhh.... 




 After bath massage.  A must have treat.
 Sharing a secret with Mom.
 Sharing a nap with Grandma.  So Cozy!
This cracks me up!  Check out the look on this kids face!  He's not quite sure of that butterfly.

 Oliver LOVES puzzles and is a whiz at them.  We have started buying more complex puzzles, some of which are rated for 5 years old.  He whips through them like they are nothing.  Sometimes I recognize some of my brain in him, putting puzzles together can be like trying to figure out how to brew the right kind of beer in the right quantities at the right time.  I think he is discovering this talent a little earlier than I did though.
 Oliver showing Grandma his new Dragon he got for his birthday, which was picked out specially by his cousin Kaden.
 Kellan enjoying some back yard fresh air with Grandma and Grandpa.  This was while poor Oliver was laying on the couch with a stomach flu.
 Two handsome guys!
Grandma and her littlest Grandson.

 Then, Grandma discovered Kellan is a happy baby while naked on his changing table.  Out came the camera, and a loin cloth.
Another photo shoot in the rocking chair.  Grandma has similar photos of Oliver at this age as well. 



Kellan has the cutest dimples and rolls that go on for miles (well, 25" at least).
 Grandpa has got the magic touch!  He even babysat Kellan while Grandma and I went to pick up Oliver from school one day and shop at their book fair.  Both Kellan and Grandpa did great.  THANKS!!  
Not to mention he helped out poor Oliver while he was puking in the toilet.  I know, too much information, but I have to say Thanks because it was very much appreciated and way beyond the call of duty.
Grandma in action!  As you can imagine, this is a common image around our house, especially when Grandma visits.  We love photos! 

Naked time!
 I love this photo.  Not only is it sweet, it makes me want to get out my bun pincher's.
Oliver getting ready for a bath.
I post these pictures because they are the only shots I have of him in his big boy underwear.


The fall foliage outside of our office window.  I was watching the storm blow in when I was downloading these photos onto the computer.  Shortly after this the winds came in and didn't stop until most of our leaves were gone along with our fence, neighbors fences, trees and roof tops.  Whew!  Glad we got a new roof this summer! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails