Saturday, November 13, 2010

Happy Halloween

Our first Halloween with a family of four was fun, exciting and crazy as expected with a new baby.  This was the first year that Oliver requested his costume, a green triceratops.  I searched high and low and finally found one on an Internet website.  Of course, they were sold out so we had it on back order.  Luckily, it came in for  him.  He is also in a "NO PHOTOS" phase, which doesn't fulfill my desire to have cute photos of his every moment.  On top of it, I had a knock-down drag-out stomach flu just days prior to Halloween.  This meant that I missed some of the events including his school party and Boo at the Zoo.

Oliver was fired up to go to Boo at the Zoo with Parker and his family so Keith took him on Saturday morning.  Here is Oliver the triceratops headed out of the parking garage.
 Oliver at the zoo, exclaiming to Keith that he did not want his photo taken.  This was the end of photos for him at the zoo.
 Since I still did not feel well and could barely walk up and down the stairs, Kellan and I stayed home.
While Oliver was marching around the zoo as a dinosaur, Kellan and Madalyn were napping on the couch next to Mom.

 Typically, we do not decorate for the holidays.  Not that we are not festive, it is just usually way down on the priority list of things to do and it doesn't happen.  This year, we made an effort and had spider webs and pumpkin & ghost lights to go with our traditional carved pumpkins.  Oliver and Keith did an amazing job hanging the spider webs.
 They even found a few real spiders.  Here is Oliver pointing one out on the side of the house.
Oliver keeping a close eye on Dad's work.
 Oh no... Toothless the Dragon (from How to Train Your Dragon) got caught in the web!  We decided to rescue him though so that someone didn't try to take him home.
 This year, Keith took Oliver trick-or-treating for the first time.  They had a ball and enjoyed meeting many of the neighbors.  This is the one and only picture of Oliver trick-or-treating.
 Meanwhile, back at home, Kellan and I were having our own fun while handing out candy.  I post this picture because it is a SCARY cross-eyed baby!
 Kellan was wearing orange for Halloween and since he decided it was time to hit the buffet when the costumes came out, this was his costume.  I titled him "the photographer".
 When Oliver came home from trick-or-treating, he really enjoyed handing out candy.  He was very detailed about the process.  He gave each person exactly two pieces and specifically picked out candy for every individual.  I noticed that most of the princesses got licorice and the boys got the chocolate.  I am curious as to why, but I didn't dare ask. 

 This photo moment actually scared me!  As I was looking through the camera and as I snapped the picture I noticed the trick-or-treater had cleavage.  Seriously, people?!  When you are old enough to have cleavage you are too old to trick-or-treat!

 Waiting for the next group of trick-or-treaters.
 Taking a quick inventory on his deliverables.
 From the outside looking in.
Oliver had a GREAT Halloween and is still wondering why it only comes around once a year, which seems SO far away!
When I asked him at the end of the night what he liked better, trick-or-treating or handing out candy, he said handing out candy.  When I mentioned this to Keith, I was thinking it was because Oliver is such a giving person.  Keith responded, "he's a little like his Mother and likes to be in control".  Hey!!!!

Happy Halloween!  See you next year!!

1 comment:

Wanda said...

Your family makes me smile.

Related Posts with Thumbnails