Sunday, March 14, 2010

San Diego Zoo

On Friday, we had another sunny day and Jenni and I took Kaden and Oliver to the San Diego zoo while Doug and Keith went golfing in Coronado. The zoo was great and we got to see some animals from all new angles. This hippo exhibit was a huge hit. They have a very large pool to swim in with viewing glass. The boys really enjoyed seeing the huge hippos swimming by.

I was very excited that the San Diego zoo had panda bears. I have never seen panda bears and they were quite amazing. There was even a baby! Must be spring in San Diego.
The pandas were just fed some bamboo. We didn't get to see the mom's front side, but the baby was rolling all over. What a treat to see!
Oliver in action, telling me all about the lions.
This is how Oliver rode in the stroller for most of our vacation. Keith claims he gets this from me since I like to put my feet on the dash board. I'm thinking it looks like a great way to travel and sure beats having to carry him all day.
At one point I spotted Oliver working on his tan, shirt in his mouth, pasty white belly sticking out. It reminded me of how I used to sit in the sun when I was pregnant with him, belly sticking out, soaking up the warm rays.
Once he noticed he was on candid camera, the ham in Hamilton came out.

As perfect timing would have it, the lion mascot came walking by us just as he was welcoming visitors. We were the first to say hello. There was a random little girl who came popping in. I tried to get some photos without her. Once again, I was amazed at how confident Oliver was with the character. It really helped that Kaden was there and showed no fear.
Once again, another baby. This time, a giraffe.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails