Saturday, June 14, 2008

Last Lecture

You may or may not have seen the "Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch. I thought I would post it here (on the right panel) to share with everyone if you haven't seen it. It is extremely moving! I was fortunate to see it on Oprah while I was home on maternity leave. It was just a freak chance that it was on and I had the opportunity to see it. I shared it with my team and one of the ladies found his blog. I have posted that web page also and you can see updates as to how his is doing. Not only was the "Last Lecture" moving for me, but for the first time it really made me realize how much responsibility it is to have Oliver and it made me want to be the best parent that I could. I'm not sure that I'll let him paint his walls (like in the lecture) but I want him to look back and say that we were supportive of all of his dreams and that he is the man he is because of his Mom and Dad. I think every parent hopes for this. I know that Keith and I can say that about our parents. My parents may not have let us paint our walls, but they didn't stop us from hanging pancakes from the ceiling, HA! (well... they didn't know it was happening until it was done, but what fun it was!!!) Keith likes to reminisce about throwing his underwear into the ceiling fan to watch them fly. We tried this recently to see if it was as exiting as when he was a kid. I must say, it was quite entertaining and we laughed until our sides hurt. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I saw that Oprah too, really really good one!! Thanks for reminding me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails