Sunday, September 29, 2013

Race for the Cure

It has been more than four years since I have physically participated in the Race for the Cure after participating for several years in a row.  In a sense, I was starting to feel like a not-so-fair weather fan as I participated when Breast Cancer was a bit too close to home.  Then, along came our second son and the logistics of participating became tougher and tougher.  This year, I was feeling a strong pull to participate in the Race for the Cure.  My friends Stacy and Laura signed up to walk with me and the MillerCoors team.  We had an amazingly glorious morning and not only did the three of us walk, but Miss Morgan participating in her first 5K too.
Even though I have several friends that have been impacted by breast cancer, this day was in CELEBRATION of MY MOM!  I am so proud of my Mom and the strength that she has.  I probably don't tell her that enough, so instead, I plastered it to my back with four safety pins and I'll put it on the world wide web for all to read.  I love you Mom and I'll be the luckiest girl ever if I have half of the strength and wisdom that you do.
Stacy and Miss Morgan, ready to walk.
Laura, Stacy, Morgan and Carrie
The MillerCoors Team
Morgan, fired up and ready to get this show on the road.
Morgan was anxious to fully participate and riding in a stroller was not for this strong little woman.  She wanted to earn that 5K.  It's a good thing that she had three strong women to help her out, especially her Mama.
Toward the end of the Race, Morgan walked the line.
She was all smiles to walk in her first 5K.  It was a TRUE pleasure and joy to have her with us.
The Race for the Cure is always a humbling event to participate in and we had an an amazing day to make it all the better.  Thank you to Laura, Stacy and Morgan for joining me on your first 5K, ever (I'm still trying to figure out how that is possible for Laura and Stacy, but I'm glad that I could help break that streak).  Most of all, THANK YOU to my Mom.  You will always be my inspiration and happy place.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails