Saturday, September 21, 2013

Golden Farmer's Market

With only a few weekends left of the Farmer's Market in Golden, we finally went.  We met the Martin family there and had a great time.  As we approached the Farmer's Market, the free horse carriage rides were just sitting next to the sidewalk, begging for us to take a ride.  I never see these rides sitting idle, so we jumped on quickly!
The boys were so excited.  They even got to sit by themselves on their own side of the carriage.  They are all getting SO big!
Owen, Oliver, Kellan (Mr Sensitive Eyes and "it's too bright!") and Cole
Owen and Oliver
Kellan, Cole and their Mommy's Aviators.
After the ride, we took the opportunity to take a picture with the horse.  The driver told me his name but do you think that I can remember it now?  No!  What I do remember is that they think that he's the tallest horse in Colorado and he's only 2" shy of the tallest horse (I'm guessing of his kind) in the Guinness Book of World Records.  He also proved to be a very friendly guy as he reached down to give Oliver a smooch.  I can't blame him as I find Oliver to be quite smoochable as well.
Since Mr Horse was so friendly, we moved the boys forward for the photo.  Again, proving that he was the friendly type, Mr Horse posed for the photo as he put his head directly between Oliver and Owen.  That's my kind of horse!
Cole?  Well, he couldn't be bothered with horsing around with more photos as he made a direct line for the ice cream cart.  It's good to know your priorities.
Not to be outdone by Cole, Kellan had ice cream (popsicle) too.
Check out that scowl.
He's giving a thumbs up that it's good, but I don't think that I would attempt to try a lick.

Of course, there were fruits and veggies at the farmers market and Kristi and I bought a bit to take home.  The boys were also intrigued with the eye level goodies.
"Look, Carrie, a Pear.  Take my picture."  (pause... smile... click) "Let me see!"
Thank goodness for digital photos as I notice that the little guys are more apt to pose for photos if they can immediately see the results.
I'm almost embarrassed to show this close up photo of Kellan's long and dirty finger nails.  A true sign that I may put him in clean clothes, but he still finds the dirt to dig in.  Plus, I'm convinced that his finger nails grown over night.  One day, they are fine, then BAM, they need a serious trim.
Kellan was SO excited about these plums that I'm opting to post in and recognize that there were nothing but good times, dirty finger nails and all.
 Even Oliver picked out a couple of plums to purchase.

That afternoon, the boys took a MUCH needed nap.
They are sleepers, these Hamilton boys.
Oliver has always been a good napper, well, since he was about 3 months old and Primrose got him on a good nap schedule (thank heavens!).  With Oliver starting Kindergarten, he no longer gets rest time in the afternoon so we like to take advantage of Saturdays to catch up.  For some time, Kellan would take a 4-5 hour nap and follow it up with 12 hours of sleep at night.  These boys love their sleep, just like their Mama.
They never nap together, but since we read books in Oliver's bed and they were so cozy, it sounded like a fun and easy idea.
I went to check on them 10 minutes after I left them and this is what I saw.
This is also what I saw.  Two blue eyes peeking over Oliver's shoulder.
Yes, we are starting to realize that Kellan's 4-5 hour afternoon naps are a thing of the past.  This kid is showing strong signs that he is outgrowing naps.  He will lay in bed for an hour or two, but he rarely closes his eye in the afternoon on the weekend.
So... Kellan went for a bike ride.
This is new for him.  Up until recently, he wanted nothing to do with riding anything.  Now, he's giving Oliver's old Stryder a try.
Maybe it's the super tough and cool helmet that's giving him new found interest in riding his bike.
Ya... his helmet may have shark teeth, but he's still a charmer underneath.
What a FANTASTIC Saturday!!  We are loving the warm fall weather as we know that the snow will fly before we know it.  Until then, bring on the sun and long live the shorts.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails