Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Great Wall of Family

Since we moved into our new home in April, I have been wanting to replicate the photo wall that we had in our previous home.  During Thanksgiving week I had that opportunity when I had a few days off and the boys were at school and Keith was at work.  I have been thinking about how to tackle this project for six months.  Even with all of that thought and planning, it still took five hours of uninterrupted focus.
I pulled out the photo frames, and laid them out on the floor.
I took photos of the bare walls.


I then worked on a different project that was in the same spirit but a different section.
The day before I had spent running around doing errands.  One of those errands was purchasing a few new frames, including this one on the left for a summary of our family photos that we had taken in September.  I love it and I get to see it every time I walk into our bedroom.
(on a right side note, this is a photo that I took in Hawaii)
Then, it was back to the big project.
First, I laid the photos out on the floor to give me a general idea of how they were going to crawl up the wall.
Then, I took the plunge and I drove the first nail into the wall.
Many hours later, the walls going up the stairs were nearly complete.  I just needed to insert a few photos into the empty frames.
The next challenge was the hallway wall.
I decided that this would be the baby wall.
All of these frames used to be in the boys' rooms but I decided that they would probably want something else on their walls now that they are "big boys" so I put their baby photos (which I love and cherish) in the hallway.
Take note, that is the playroom at the end of the hallway.  I had better never see these photos being used as a backboard for basketball.
Deep breath, think, deep breath, plunge...
Mission Completion.


We love the photos walls.  I'm thankful that I had a quiet opportunity to get it done.  I am more thankful that I have a great family to fill the frames with.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails