Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thanksgiving FEAST!

For weeks we have heard from Oliver about the Thanksgiving FEAST at school.  It wasn't just lunch, but a FEAST!  The week before the event he said to his Daddy, "You ARE coming to the FEAST, aren't you?"  We quickly turned in our RSVP for lunch with the boys.  
Since we could both attend, we divided and conquered between the two.  Daddy went with Oliver and Mama went with Kellan.  I am SO glad that we joined Kellan's class.  There were only about 4 of us parents and the kids who didn't have parents there were so sad.  When Kellan saw me it was as if he didn't believe it.  His eyes were wide and he walked up and said "Hi, Mama!" with a twinkle in his eye followed by a big squeeze around my leg.  We had a great lunch together, even if it started with a bit of a stink eye.  He was happy to see me, but maybe I was cramping his style.  Or maybe the other parents were cramping his style of his lunch date with his Mama.  He had pouty lips and frowny eyes for quite some time.  This photo was a sneak attack, hence, the blurriness.
After he finally decided to eat a bit of his feast, he was all smiles.
He was even up for some self portraits.  My favorite part of these is that he's holding my hand.
I didn't really notice that he was holding my hand until after the first photo.  He is a snuggle bug and it is often that he is cozied up to me.  I was glad to have this moment with him and I was overwhelmed with love from my boy.
After a few photos, he wanted to take a few.  Honestly, Kellan destroyed our last point-and-shoot camera.  We traded it in for a new one and this one has strict rules, like it's not a toy.  Obvious, right?  If he does take photos, it is now with direct help and supervision.  So, he took numerous photos of his lunch.
Then, he took several pictures of Mamas lunch plate.  I tried telling him that I earned pie because I ate all of my lunch, but he thought otherwise when he had pie too.
Mmmmm Pie!!
At home for days the boys were cheering "Pumpkin Pie! Pumpkin Pie!"  I'm confident that Kellan doesn't remember pie from last Thanksgiving, but there is one thing for sure, he loves it this year.
Mmmmm Pumpkin Pie!
After lunch, I left Kellan to see Oliver.  It was a sad departure, but he didn't cry.  He had sad eyes but I finally convinced him that I would come back after I went to see Oliver.  I just didn't specify that it would be 5 hours later.  Mama and Daddy had to go back to work and it was nap time at school.  In the  end it was a win/win for everyone.
Kellan's classroom was quiet and calm.  Most of the kids just stared at the parents.  The teachers claim that they usually chat during lunch, but I am convinced that even with that, it can't be like the chatter in the Pre-K classroom filled with 20 boys and 4 girls.  You thought girls could talk... you haven't met these boys.  Talking, energy and an average of 1.8 adults per kid.  Yes, the Pre-K classroom was buzzing.  Oliver and his Daddy were saddled up right next to Preston and his Daddy and they had a grand conversation.  You see, Preston's Daddy was the flag football coach, so there was plenty to chatter about.
Preston's Daddy was also kind enough to take a family photo of us.
To divert the conversation a bit:
There have been many moments when Oliver was little that I looked at him and wondered what features he got from his Mama.  Surely, his good looks, brains and sense of humor?  Ok, maybe his Daddy helps with some of that.  Seriously, there were many moment where I wondered if he had any of my features.  Then, this photo came along.  Yup, he's my kid.
From the Hamilton boys, Happy Thanksgiving.  May your heart be filled with love and happiness and your home be filled with friends, family and a FEAST of your own.

If you would like a peak into Oliver, here is a story from the night before the Thanksgiving Feast.
The day before, Aunt Lindsey had sent a care package of thanks to the boys that included matching green footy PJ's.  The boys LOVED them!!!  That night, Oliver said "Tomorrow (at the Feast) maybe we should give Thanks to Aunt Lindsey and the green pajamas that she sent us.  That would be nice, right?"  He has such a big heart.  We couldn't be more proud of the young boy that he has become.
THANK YOU Aunt Lindsey (Uncle Jeff too)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails