Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers Day 2012

Every Mothers Day is even sweeter than the year before.  As the boys grow into the amazing people they are, my heart is overwhelmed with love and gratitude that these boys call me Mom (Mommy or Mama).  Last year, we made the Grandma's Mother's Day mugs with the boys' hand prints.  I have wanted one for myself every since, so this year, Keith took us to paint a new mug.  As the oldest, Oliver had the honor of painting the base. 
Like all projects, he took this job very seriously.
Then, it was time for the final touches.  The paint lady came over and covered Oliver's palm with blue paint.
He inspected it to make sure it was appropriately covered and ready for application.
With precision, he applied his painted hand print to the mug.
He didn't move a muscle as the paint lady made sure that each finger was applied evenly.
Next, it was Kellan's turn.  First, we had to round him up from the play structure outside.  Then, he was ready to have his palm painted.  Oliver inspected to make sure that the process was consistent.
Daddy kept a close eye and grip on Kellan's palm.
Then, it was Kellan's turn to place his print on the mug.
Kellan's print was a bit less precise than Oliver, but it was still perfect for the Mother's Day mug.
We cleaned up and now we wait for the finish product to be fired.  I can't wait to enjoy my morning coffee while I hold the ever lasting hand prints of my two little boys.
Thank You to Keith for arranging a perfect Mothers Day outing.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails