Thursday, January 20, 2011

Oliver and Mom Date Day

Last weekend, I had a few errands to run at the mall that had been hanging over me for several weeks.  Keith and I have also found it is easier to get things accomplished if we divide and conquer.  Divide kid duty, that is.  It is also a chance for us each to spend one on one time with each of the boys.  Since I had errands and Oliver doesn't mind the mall, he and I made a date day of it.  (Kellan and Keith had a date at Home Depot and in front of the playoff games.  A date Kellan much prefers over the mall at this point)  In between jumping over every crack (tile seam) in the mall, throwing pennies in two different fountains multiple times from different angles, charming other shoppers and having a relaxing lunch complete with dessert, we managed to squeeze in the errands that needed completed.
To kick the date off right, we stopped at the Starbucks drive-thru.  Oliver's drink and snack of choice; apple juice box and a "pink bagel" (mini birthday cake donut with pink frosting and white sprinkles). 
 The first stop was a shoe return at Nordstroms.  Oliver helped me pick out other shoes I may want to try on.  His favorites, some bright pink pumps.  I told him I would try them on next time.  This time, we kept it more conservative.
The next stop, the Apple store so I could get a new case for my iPhone since my old one had paint chipping off of it.  We found a very stylish case and it gave Oliver a bag that was just his size to carry.  Speaking of the iPhone, all of these photos are a little lower quality than usual because I had to use my phone.  If you can believe it, my camera battery was dead so I left it at home.
 Our first (of many) stops at the fountain in the mall.  Oliver loves throwing pennies in the fountain and watching the water squirt from one side to the other.  It is a big attraction for kids.  I would have never guess this, pre-kids.
 We headed outside to get lunch, so we had to stop and throw pennies in that fountain as well.
 We were having "throw your head back in laughter" fun!
(love this picture!  We truly were having this much fun!)

We headed into the White Chocolate Grill for lunch. We decided to try it for the first time since the Cheesecake Factory had a 30 minute wait.  Crazy!  It turned out to be the perfect place for our date.
 Oliver and Mommy self portrait.  Not an easy task to accomplish with the iPhone.
 Diving into a Grilled Cheeses lunch.
 The best part of the date lunch, dessert.
By this time, Oliver was enjoying a cuddle in my lap. (ahhhh)  I had two bites and he said "Mommy, no more for you".  Hmm... I guess he liked LOVED it.  He is not a big dessert eater, so this surprised me.  He loved it so much he actually used a straw to get the last bit of ice cream that had melted.  I must say, in my two bites I noticed it was great!  There was something different and very yummy about the chocolate.
The two of us had great fun and it was wonderful to spend one on one time together.  The added bonus, we got all of my mall errands done.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails