Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Nearly New Kitchen

We have lived in this house for nearly seven years.  Nearly every day of those past seven years, Keith and/or I complained about the burners on our stove.  Not only were they annoying to cook on, I'm convinced they were a safety hazard.  We could never get the burners to lay flat and therefore, our pots/pans always sat crooked.  This past weekend, Keith had enough and made a strong hint that we should get a new cook stove.    I agreed.  One of the big reasons we hadn't done it in the past is because if we were going to do it, we wanted gas.  We had gas plumbed into the house, but not the kitchen.  After much debate, we opted for the professional and safe option and hired a plumber.  On top of wanting gas, if we were going to get a new cook stove, I wanted an above stove microwave and matching dishwasher.  Thanks to a good sale at Lowes, the whole family came out happy.

New gas stove/oven and built in microwave.
New super quiet dishwasher.
The whole enchilada.
This picture makes me notice that I need to clean the top of the refrigerator.  Ugh!  
Yes, there is still Halloween candy in that bucket.  Shhh... don't tell Oliver.
We love our Nearly New Kitchen!
Thanks to Keith and his Dad for installing all of the appliances, including running electricity for the stove.
Thanks to Keith's Mom for initiating the new stove with a super yummy southern fried chicken meal.  MMM
Thanks to my Mom for cleaning the old stove and oven.  It was so sparkly that the guy who bought it (yay, Craig's list) thought we never used the oven.  Keith gave you credit for cleaning it while you were hear and the guy was quite impressed!

Next on the list, new cabinet pulls and counters.  Our cabinet pull sample is just to the right of the microwave. Feel free to weigh in with your opinion.  I'm not sold on the black but I know I don't like the original gold.
Related Posts with Thumbnails