Friday, September 3, 2010

August 24 - Day 2 - Headed Home

The delivery and recovery of Kellan's birth was such a success that we were released to go home from the hospital after only one night in the hospital.  It was our choice to stay or leave and we couldn't wait to get Kellan home and spend time with Oliver.

A few photos of Kellan soaking up some indirect sunshine through the hospital window.


Kellan and his Mommy


I just had to take this picture.  This is what I saw of Keith most of our stay in the hospital.  The couch was just  behind my bed and due to the railing I could barely see him.  Here he is poking his head up so I could see him through the railing.

Kellan's bed for the first 30 hours with his stat card.
Time to get dressed for our trip home.  Of course, he had a special "Little Brother" outfit, complete with socks.  Um... who knew this kid would have such big feet?  These socks were a one time wear.

Oliver's little brother headed home in gangsta' style.
Mommy and Kellan ready for home.
The traditional car seat photo.
Daddy and Kellan in the elevator ride down three floors.
Kellan with his birthday present from Oliver, an elephant that has a "Rock-a-bye Baby" tune inside.
Riding home in style.
Meanwhile, back at home...
Grandma and Oliver were preparing a Papa Murphy's pizza dinner, complete with chocolate chip cookies.  YUM!  I didn't realize how hungry I was.  I ate more at that one sitting than I had in weeks.

It was SO great to be home.  Coming home a day earlier than usual was definitely the right move.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails