Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day at the Zoo

This past weekend, we decided to venture to the zoo.  We have been having great weather, but winter will be here soon.  We wanted to get out and enjoy some warm sunshine before the ground is covered in snow.  Besides that, there are several new baby animals including tiger cubs, baby orangutan, baby sea lion, baby giraffe and a few others that we didn't see.  I only got a photo of the tiger cubs. Only Keith and Oliver saw the baby orangutan.  There was a big crowd and by the time I maneuvered my own baby in the stroller the mama and baby orangutan had moved into hiding.  We heard that they spent most of their time hiding so seeing the baby was rare.  Keith said the baby was about the size of Kellan.  I'm sad I missed it.

Oliver and Kellan ready for the zoo, waiting for Mom and Dad.

This is not Oliver's best photo, but Kellan's facial expression cracks me up.
At the zoo!  The hippo is usually in the water so we don't always see him.  We were fortunate to get there for his breakfast so we got a good view of this very large animal.
Keith and Oliver checking out the hippo.

The family at the zoo!
The only way to travel the zoo, in a jeep wagon pushed by Daddy.
This reminds me of a paparazzi photo in a magazine.  A blurry action shot of Oliver sipping some apple juice.
The bears always give me a good photo or two.

Oliver and Keith waiting for me to come back from changing Kellan's diaper.
Near our picnic spot we discovered a new vending stand with ICEE drinks.  YUMMY!!!  
Is this a preview of Oliver in 20 years in Vegas?

Mama and Kellan
Time for a group photo but first, we must wipe the PJ&J off of Oliver's face.  Nothing like a spit moistened wipe from Mom.
If you haven't noticed in other photos, Oliver now says Cheese in pictures and misses the smile part so most of the photos are him in mid-word.
The elephants were a popular choice by Oliver this time.
Here is the tiger Mama with her cubs to the bottom right.

This is how Kellan viewed most of the zoo, which his eyes shut tight.
When we got home it was nap time all around.  This is how I found Keith after I noticed it was very quiet in Oliver's room.  Sometimes the best perk of being the one to read Oliver books is that you can take a siesta as well.
Later in the day, Keith hanging with Kellan.

In order to properly initiate the oven, I baked some chocolate chip cookies.
These were some of the best cookies I have made in Colorado.  I think it was a combination of the new gas oven and the new Pampered Chef cookie sheet.  Baking at this elevation is a true art form.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails