Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sweet Cheeks

Today I had my 36 week check-up and an ultra sound of the baby.  The ultra sound was a growth check because at 34 weeks my belly had a dramatic growth spurt and I was measuring 37 weeks.  Yikes!  The good news is my belly is not all baby since they found I have a good amount of fluid for him to swim in.  With that, he is also measuring big.  As the doctor said when she walked into the room, I'm not having a little peanut.  They think that he is 7.5 lbs now and if he continues at a regular growth rate he will be 9.5 lbs at birth.  That said, that the ultra sound can be off by a pound.  Keep in mind, Oliver measured to be a 9 pound baby at birth in the ultra sound and he was one pound lower at 7 pounds 15 ounces in real life.  I'm not too worried since this is like deja vu from Oliver.  I do get excited that a big belly means I get the ultra sounds and a sneak peak at our little guy. 

As always, you kind of have to use your imagination with ultra sounds.

Here he is puckering up for his profile shot.  I think he's practicing giving his Mommy big smooches.
This is a direct face shot.  I think he already looks like he may be getting chubby cheeks.
For the first time ever, we got a 3D look.  He insisted on having his hands in front of his face so it was tough to get a good picture.  Oliver was the same way at this stage.  I still think it is a better picture than the regular ultra sounds.
We showed this to Oliver tonight and he said "the baby is in a cave."  Hmm... hope that is OK with his big brother.  He'll be warm and cozy in there for a few more weeks.


Of course, there is no telling when this little guy will come out to meet all of us.  As of this Sunday, I will be 37 weeks and full term.  According to the ultra sound monitor, Keith snuck a peak and the estimated due date was August 14 based on his measurements.  If he follows suit with his big brother he will arrive one day early on August 28.  If he follows in his mothers foot steps he will be one week late. (I'm hoping he's not like his Mom in that respect)  Only time will tell and in that time, we are anxious to meet him and give him lots of hugs and kisses.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails