Sunday, December 13, 2009

Chicago

Recently, I traveled to Chicago for the Diversity Summitt with MillerCoors. I was only there for two days so didn't get a chance to tour around much. But, you know me... I still took photos.

Here I am just outside of one of the elevators at our corporate offices downtown Chicago.


The first night we met up with Michelle and Sue for some Chicago pizza at Lou Malnati's. Michelle and Sue are friends that I met through Jen. Jen went to Junior High and High School with Sue and College with Michelle. These two gals are a hoot!
The second night we had a happy hour at the MillerCoors corporate bar. This is Laura and I enjoying two of our fine products. Laura is the President of BREW (Building Relationships and Empowering Women) and I am the Vice President, which is what brought us to Chicago.
MillerCoors is located across the street from the Willis Tower (formerly the Sears Tower) and this is also where the meetings were held. On the last day, we had a very short period of time to run (ok, ride the elevator) up to the top of the Willis Tower and be tourists for about 15 minutes. Here are some views from the top.
You can't see it, but it is starting to snow. The first snow Chicago has seen this winter.
Both Laura and I are not fans of heights, but we had to have our picture taken in the plexi glass box that pushed out away from the building. If we looked down we could see ALL THE WAY DOWN to the Street! That would be 1,450 feet and 110 stories down. Did you know that Willis Tower is the tallest building in the western hemisphere? I can tell you that from the street you can't get the whole building in one photo. This photo is at least 1/3 of the way up.
For more info on the Willis Tower you can go to http://www.willistower.com/

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails