Sunday, July 19, 2009

Living on the Edge

I am a little behind in updating the blog, so you'll have to bear with me while I work to get it updated.

Last weekend, Keith hiked two of the Colorado Fourteeners with his buddies. For those of you not from Colorado, a Fourteener is what we call a mountain that is over fourteen thousand feet above sea level. Keith and his friends climbed Torrey's (14,267 ft) and Gray's (14,270 ft). They were preparing for a four day hike trip with four fourteeners this weekend. Unfortunately, Keith had to cancel for work commitments but he was still up to the challenge of climbing Torrey's and Gray's via the knife edge. You'll see what I mean when you look at the pictures. These are trips that I like to not think about until he gets home and I see the pictures. YIKES!
Michael




This is not an illusion. It really is straight down both sides of this "trail".
At the top of one of the peaks.
Keith, Michael, AJ and Bryan
View from the top.
There is nothing like it!
Keith's self portrait.
He said that he took this one in honor of our tradition of taking self portraits. Ahhh :)


1 comment:

Phil Sanderson said...

Keith, nice job on taking the Kelso Ridge route up Torreys. I'm planning on doing the same route with CMC on Aug 1.

-Phil

Related Posts with Thumbnails