Tuesday, May 26, 2009

To Clean or Not to Clean

With the rain this past weekend, Keith and I did a few projects around the house. The challenge was to entertain Oliver and attempt to work at the same time. Nap time was fabulous but once he woke up, it was a whole new dilemma. I was working on organizing the home office and Keith was cleaning the garage. Later that day we decided to take on a home improvement project in the kitchen. I decided to get Oliver out of the kitchen and I took him up to his room, which he loves. I continue to work in the office where I could have one eye on his door and one eye on the task at hand. He was fully entertained for over an hour with his books. I checked on him periodically and he was quite happy to sit in his own room with nobody bothering his reading. Of course, the price we pay for cleaning up one mess (office, garage, etc) is another mess will be waiting for us else where. I think it is all worth it for a happy kid who likes to read.


Oliver cracks me up! WHOA!!! Check out this video. Sometimes he can be SO dramatic. I always miss the "uh oh's" on camera but I'm hopeful to catch them eventually. Now, he is saying "oh, no". It is too cute!

As Keith was working in the kitchen, Oliver was working on the coffee table. (Thanks Grandma Garner... I think, for the hammer) Notice that as Keith hammers louder, so does Oliver. Is there any doubt that this kid is a boy through and through? Keith is almost done in the kitchen. I'll post an update on our project when he is done. I'll fill you in, it looks amazing!!


1 comment:

rbgarner said...

I think he was just checking out the ones he hasn't seen in a while. Hop on Pop - seen it - next one - Whoh -

Related Posts with Thumbnails