Thursday, January 1, 2015

NYE sans Kids

For at more eight years, we have spent NYE (New Years Eve) far far away from the public eye.  We have been at home or a friends home because we were starting a family and NYE out on the town wasn't a great option.  First, we had babies.  Then, finding a sitter for those babies that didn't have NYE plans was nearly impossible.  Then... NYE 2014 arrived.  

Kristi and Patrick had been invited to a party and they invited us to join them.  Finding a sitter was tough but then, it happened.  We found a sitter for our four boys.  It was a NYE miracle!

After some thought, we opted to not attend the party and to enjoy a nice dinner out instead.  It was a fantastic choice.

We squeezed in reservations at The Acorn in The Source in Denver.  We put on swanky adult attire, kissed our boys good-bye, wished the sitter luck and headed out for our adult dinner reservation.  It was perfect!

The Source turned out to be an excellent example of turning an empty warehouse into a money making machine with fantastic restaurants, bars and office spaces.  The Acorn, being one of those restaurants was beyond our expectations.  We loved it!

We loved their cocktails too.  Fresh and Amazing!
We had a great seat in the Acorn loft and we loved it.
Patrick, Keith, Carrie and Kristi
After we stuffed ourselves silly, we sauntered down below to the bar where Kristi pulled out her mustache stir stick from the Terminal Bar.  Really, every time is a great time with a mustache stir stick.  I was super jealous that I didn't have mine.
After a month of truly enjoying all treats that come with the holidays, I squeezed into these pants that my friends fondly call my "Sandra Dee Pants."  This comment typically makes me break out in a song and dance for "you're the one that I want, ooo ooo ooo, honey" which makes Keith break out in a deep eye roll.

He loves me anyway and posed for a photo to ring in the New Year.
Once home, the sitter said, "I actually had fun" and I think that she was sincere.  It's so great to know that the boys were with someone who had as much fun as they probably did.
(The next morning we heard all about the fun that they had and all of the crazy stories that the sitter told them like that there was a man in the heating vents that would come down to get them if they didn't go to sleep.  I don't think they bought it, but they questioned it enough to ask us the next day.  It worked though since they finally went to sleep. We thought it was funny.)

We tiptoes upstairs to find four sweeties asleep in their bags.

Fun night out, kids asleep, game night was upon us!
We rang in the New Year during a game of Catch Phrase Decades followed by Charades and Cards Against Humanity.  At 2:30 we hit the hay and I concluded that junk food be gone.  Not only for my waist line but for my brain power as well.  I've lost the edge and lost game night.  Kristi may trade me in as her gaming partner in crime if I don't get my "A" game back.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to friends and family near and far!  2014 was fantastic and we have a lot to be thankful for.  We have our health and happiness, what more could we ask for?

2015 is bound to be great.  We have high expectations for it and we are over achievers here in the Ham Fam.  I hope 2015 can handle what the Ham Fam has on their list of expectations. No Pressure!!

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Jedi Mama said...

I posted OUR NYE on our blog, too. Yours was much more glamorous; trust me!! There was no luke-warm, canned corn involved! (And frankly, the Sandra Dee pants made ME want to sing, too!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails