Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Nuggets vs the Lakers

Recently, I was given tickets to attend the Nuggets game against the Lakers.  I was SO excited!!  There were two tickets; one for me and one for Keith.  The downside was that Keith had a work trip.  After some creative thinking it dawned on me that Oliver would LOVE to go to the Nuggets game.  Next, I had to find a sitter for Kellan.  As luck would have it, none of our sitters were available.  Fortunately, our next door neighbors came to the rescue and took Kellan in for his first ever play date.  It was a win/win/win all of the way around.
This is how Oliver spent the entire time at the game.  In this seat.  He didn't leave it once, except to stand up to take a drink of his Sierra Mist.  He was glued to the game.  Lucky for him, we were in a suite and his Mamma was kind enough to deliver snacks.  There was endless popcorn.
There was also chicken strips, which he loved.  He decided that the nachos were too spicy, so he passed on those while he took a second helping of chicken.  Feel free to spell it out: S.P.O.I.L.E.D!
Oliver had a GREAT time!
I had a great time too and had a chance to mix and mingle with some great colleagues.
The Pepsi Center got a new jumbo tron that was just about as big as the basketball court.  CRAZY Big!
When the screen said "Make Some Noise", this kid delivered!

It was down to the wire and Oliver kept me up to date with play by play reports.  In the end, the Nuggets pulled out a win of 111 to 99 over the Lakers.
Oliver was SO thrilled!!
He was a great date!!  I'm so glad that he came with me, even if it was late on a school night.
The next day, he wrote down the score so that he could remember what it was to tell his teacher.  He was so excited.  I love when I get the opportunity to take our boys to date nights like these.  It is so special to spend this time with them.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails