Thursday, November 21, 2013

Kellan's Pre-School Thanksgiving

The week before Thanksgiving, Kellan's school invited the parents to come for a traditional Thanksgiving feast.  When I walked in, all of Kellan's class was sitting on the ABC carpet, listening to a story.  Kellan wasn't really listening to the story as much as he was craning his neck looking for his Mama.  I gave a wave and he smiled ear to ear.  That's why I always make it a point to go to these events.  I've seen the sad looks on the faces of the kids that don't have parents there and I try to make sure that look is never on our kids' faces.  
The teacher excused the kids to find their seats and they sat down with a plate of goodies beside them.  When I showed this picture to Kellan he said "there's my family".  I suppose when you spend as much time with this group as he does, it does begin to feel like your family, at least your school day family.
Kellan's question right before this photo, "What is this??".  
Mommy's response, "Turkey.  Eat it.  You like turkey."



Last but not least, pumpkin pie.  YUM!!
I had a GREAT time at Kellan's Thanksgiving feast.  He had a 12" seat for me right next to him that I bellied up to the table with, so that I could enjoy a feast with him.  I loved it!!  He loved it!!  There was nothing but a big smile on his face.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails