Sunday, February 26, 2012

Meeting Isaac

When Jeff and Lindsey told us they were having another baby I responded by inviting myself to their house to help out and get some baby snuggles in.  Remember, William and Kellan have the exact same birth date.  I can't imagine having a new baby with a 17 month old, but Jeff and Lindsey do!  Talk about a lot of work!  So, when William and Kellan were celebrating their 18 month birthday, I was in Texas celebrating Isaac's one month birthday, lending a helping hand and stealing a few snuggles here and there.  
What kind of Aunt would I be if I didn't show up with goodies for the boys?  William was quite thrilled with the new loot.  Isaac doesn't really know but he'll be excited someday.  Until then, I'm sure William will keep everything dusted off and in working condition.
Lindsey was excited to have company and to get out of the house.  She thought William might need a new scene for a few hours so we headed to the Children's museum.  Isaac was perfectly content watching the world go by while William explored everything he could.
William watching the bubbles go higher and higher!

Isaac loved the computer stations.  I laughed to myself as I imagined that this is what his Dad Jeff looked like at that exact same moment at work.
To say William is quick is an understatement.  I really don't think he knows how to walk, he just RUNS at full speed from point A to point B.  He was tough to capture pictures of but I did find him pausing for a quick moment with these trucks but you'll see that he already has his eye on his next destination.
Lindsey and he new bundle of boy, Isaac Paul on his One Month Birthday!
Aunt Carrie got some snuggle time in as well.
I thought that I had more photos of Isaac and I snuggling but I don't.  Maybe Lindsey has them on her camera.  I'll keep an eye on her blog :)
It didn't take long for Isaac to warm up to his Aunt Carrie and melt in her arms.  She may have the magic bounce that baby boys can't resist!
That afternoon we took advantage of the nice weather and went outside to burn some energy and soak up some Vitamin D.  It was nearly 80 degrees!!  William LOVED running down the driveway over and over and over.
Then William ran through the yard.
Then William landed on the side walk with some bark sticks.  They were quite entertaining.




That evening we went to Nana and Papa's house for Chicken and Dumplings.
The new family of FOUR!
Jeff, Lindsey, William and Isaac.
When we got home we found some batteries for Williams new puzzle that Uncle Keith picked out for him.  It made all kinds of crazy sounds when you moved the puzzle pieces around.  William seemed to really enjoy it.  I'm not sure if the rest of the family enjoyed all of the the emergency vehicle sirens because they were LOUD!

The next day, Isaac was sportin' his outfit from Aunt Carrie that he received months before he was even born.  You've got to love a sock monkey.

Isaac was starting to smile and I caught him giving his Mommy a loving look. 


Isaac was sweet as a pea, but like all babies, he liked to exercise his lungs as well.  I thought I might get a cutie pie picture of him in this chair but he thought otherwise.  He's still a cutie pie, even when he's crying.
One night after William went to bed Isaac got to stretch around on the floor.  When William is awake the middle of the living room is like a freeway exchange crossed with a football field.  It's a bit risky to lay in the middle of it.
On Saturday, Jeff was home from work and William got to go outside and have some guy time.  I laughed watching those two mess around.  It was in the 50's, Jeff was dressed like it was the middle of summer and William was dressed like it was the middle of winter.  What a combination!
Learning to drive the four wheeler is serious business.
Isaac loved a mid day snuggle nap.
Saturday night, Nana and Papa came over for dinner.  Isaac enjoyed spending time with Nana before we ate.
William was playing King of the Clothes Basket.  I think it's safe to say, he won.
Mommy Lindsey and Isaac taking a break.
I had a great visit in Texas with Jeff, Lindsey, William and the newest, Isaac.  I could have sworn I took more photos but this is it.  I can't wait to see them all again in June.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails