Monday, October 25, 2010

Potty Trained!

Wahoo!!  Oliver is potty trained.  I have hesitated to say anything in fear I might jinx it, but I think it's official.  On Monday, October 4, he personally decided he was potty trained.  We told him after his third birthday party there were no more pull-ups.  He asked several "why" questions and pondered this thought for many days.  Up until his birthday he could choose pull-ups or under pants.  He could even go back and forth because up until his third birthday party it was just practice.  (plus, this made it his idea and not something we forced) On that Monday he went to big boy under pants and didn't go back.  He hasn't had a single accident expect when he misses the toilet bowl.  I don't count that since technically he is trying to go in the potty.  He is a boy ya know and not only do they have to learn bladder control but aim as well.  We are SO proud of him and SO thankful that it was fairly painless.  We know Oliver well enough to know that when he makes up his mind to do something, he will do it.  He is very much in his own head and likes to have a new skill mentally down pat before taking it on.  He may just be a self-proclaimed perfectionist like his mother.  Hmm...  He learned to walk the same way, at seventeen months!  One Friday he decided he no longer wanted to be picked up and by the end of the weekend he was walking like a champ.  With a little (or a lot) of patience, he will master skills, all in their own due time.  YAY, OLIVER!  We are SO PROUD OF YOU!!

I was hoping for a cute picture of his modeling his new big boy underpants, but it has yet to happen.  Again, all in due time.

2 comments:

Carol Klapper said...

Awesome! He is such a big boy now!

Jedi Mama said...

Congratulations! Potty training the boy was the worst experience in my life! I wanted to bang my own head against a brick wall the entire time. And then I gave up. And then the boy potty trained himself on his own, three days after I gave up! You and Keith were, quite obviously, quite smarter than Hubs and I were about the entire issue. Good job, Oliver!

Related Posts with Thumbnails