Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Viva Las Vegas

This past weekend I had a great time in Las Vegas with my girl friend Anne. Anne flew down from Reno and we met there in Las Vegas. It just happened to be Mothers Day weekend as well but since Keith and Oliver spoil me regularly, I was OK missing Mothers Day with my boys to be with my good friend Anne. We had a weekend full of food, fun and friendship!

This first night we took a stroll on the Las Vegas strip and stopped to see a fountain water show at the Bellagio.

You just never know who you will see in Vegas. Sometimes, you may even see a (wanna be) celebrity. We also saw Michael Jackson, live and in person on the street corner. Who would have guessed?!
We topped off the night with cocktails at Japonais in our hotel, The Mirage. Don't worry, mine is just fancy fruit juice in a cocktail glass. It's amazing how much better juice tastes when it's in a fun glass!
The next day we were all about the pool!
After a long winter (that seems to continue as it is currently snowing) the warm desert sunshine was very welcome to our pasty white winter skin.
It wouldn't be a pool day without a LARGE fruity beverage. Drink of choice for me, Mango Daiquiri since it was the only non-alcoholic option. It was YUMMY!!
I also notice at this angle, I don't even appear pregnant. Just wait until the next photo and it all changes.
Well, since everyone at the pool saw me in my itsy bitsy bikini, I suppose I can share with my blog buddies. I can tell you it it the only time I have worn a 2-piece swim suit and not worried about sucking in my tummy. Ha!
Good times were had by all, even our new baby boy.
Just to the right of our chairs was this fabulous water fall.
Straight ahead was a view of the pool with Caesars in the background.
Saturday night we went to see the Cirque Du Solei production, Love. I LOVED Love! The whole show is set to the Beatles music, which I am a huge fan of. No cameras were aloud inside, but we got a great photo before the show when we went to pick-up our tickets.
The entrance to Love. The floor changed colors!
So this may seem out of order, but once we picked up our tickets, we went to dinner and then to the show.
We ate at a place called Stack in the Mirage. It was fancy schmancy American food that was quite yummy. We teased that they put us at a date table since we were cozy in the corner. The food was great and we had a good time. (once again, fancy fruit juice in a martini glass for me)
Keith and Oliver were grilling hot dogs this night, so we thought we would have the appetizer pigs in a blanket in their honor. YUM!

Jen Stack - This photo is for you. If my purse was bigger, you might have a new steak knife :)
The best part of dinner was dessert. Raspberry jelly filled donuts with a vanilla dipping sauce. They were so fresh, they were still warm. SO Yummy!
Sunday we spent the morning at the pool and then went out for some shopping. Here is a view from the walkway outside the Mirage.
Inside Caesars Forum Shops I had to take a picture with this horse for Oliver. He's a big fan of horses.
The escalators were amazing! Yes, we got a little turned around trying to figure out how to get from these escalators into the rest of the mall.
Sunday night we went to dinner at Mesa Grill, but first stopped for some photos in our hotel entry way.

Nearly a dozen times a day we walked past this lounge. It was The Beatles lounge and these letters spelled out Revolution. I had to have my picture taken in front of my favorite letter, "O", for Oliver!
What a great weekend! It was so great to spend a weekend with Anne, soaking up the Nevada sunshine and eating our way from one restaurant to another.
Meanwhile, Back at the Ranch...
Oliver and Keith had a great weekend with just the boys. Throughout the weekend I received photos, which I loved! I found them so fun, I wanted to share them with the captions that came along with them.

Good Morning Mom

To the slide!!!!

No caption on this one, but this is Oliver at Dinosaur Ridge, just down the road from our house.

T-Rex aaaaahhhhhggggg!
(love this photo! Such Fun!)

Happy Mothers Day
Love Oliver
O man hard at work!

Lunch is served! Outside seating please.
Everyone had a great weekend! Thanks to Keith for holding down the fort while I took a few days to run off and play!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails