Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sesame Street Sunday

Sunday, we went to see Sesame Street: 1, 2, 3 Imagine with the Hess family. It was a BIG hit with the kids!! We also discovered that Oliver is a big fan of the Cookie Monster. We had no idea.

Waiting for the show to start:
Oliver, Keith, Geoff, Freddie, Stephanie, Carrie and Evelyn
We had great seats with a good view of all of the characters on stage.

At intermission, they brought out a huge bunch of Elmo balloons. You know Oliver has a love for balloons, so you can also probably guess that he got one. He was quite excited and we took extra special care of it to make sure that we made it to the car without it blowing away. We left it in the car while we all went to eat pizza. Keith and I spaced that it was in the car and when we got there after dinner, we opened the door and Elmo flew away. Oliver didn't even notice but when he started asking for his Elmo balloon we showed him that it was floating away. I think I was more devastated than he was. I felt terrible! I promised to go get him a new balloon the next day and he requested a Cookie Monster balloon. Monday, after school, we went to the party store and I made good on my promise. Of course, he picked out the biggest Cookie Monster balloon they had. It is nearly as tall as he is!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails