Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Pee Pee in the Potty!

Wahooo!!! Oliver went pee pee in the potty last night!!! I think it was a total shock to him, but it is a milestone. Like most nights, he was ready for his bath and sitting on the potty waiting for the tub to fill up. He likes to sit there and then tell us he tried to go potty. I was explaining where pee pee and poop comes from (I know, if you don't have kids this may sound like a strange conversation). He was very interested and curious. He was content sitting on the potty and as I was reaching to turn off the bathtub water he started freaking out. I noticed some dribbles on the potty seat and I instantly suspected what happened. On a side note, Oliver is an extreme neat freak and wants messes (like spilled juice) cleaned up immediately. He almost acts like it's going to jump up and bite him. I wiped up the mess and explained that it was OK. He stood up and we looked in the potty. Sure enough... a yellow puddle!!!! He was curious and confused but I explained what he had done and encouraged him to go get his Daddy so he could join in the excitement. Keith and I were so proud of him. At this point, I'm thinking it was just the timing that he happened to be on the potty with warm running water nearby and nature took its course. I'm hoping that it will help connect the dots so he knows what it means to "go potty" in the future. One small step for Oliver, one giant step towards a diaperless world!

2 comments:

rbgarner said...

Yippee!!! What? And no pictures? Ah-ha.

Anne M. said...

Yay for the Little Guy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails