Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

After coming off of two weeks of illness and exhaustion, we decided not to spend additional energy on Valentine's Day. I know, Bah Humbug. Sometimes we have to prioritize and this weekend the high priority was rest and relaxation.

Then came Sunday afternoon. I had to run an errand (Ok, I went to get a much needed massage to help relieve a never ending headache... does it ever end?) and I decided to treat my boys and myself to a treat. After a stop at Starbucks I came home with a Grande Nonfat Chai for myself, a Grande Soy Mocha with Whip for Keith and a CUPCAKE for Oliver. MMMMmmm YUM!!!! The treats were a big hit and the perfect Valentine's day celebration for the family.

Oliver proudly displaying his vanilla cupcake.
There were three Red cupcakes left when I got in line and I watched them all sell before my eyes. :( When I got home I put red sprinkles on the white frosting and knew that Olive would love it either way.
Diving In! YUM!!

Yes, Oliver is still in his PJ's at 4:00 in the afternoon. I was washing his laundry because he didn't have any clean pants in the morning. Next thing you know, it's the middle of the day and he's still in his PJ's. Since we weren't going anywhere we figured it was a good PJ day to go with the rest and relaxation. Ahhhh... he loved it. He loved it so much he didn't want to get dressed or wear shoes today. It is so hard to explain to a two year old why PJ's are not acceptable to wear out in public.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails