Sunday, February 14, 2010

Icky Sicky

It has been a rough couple of weeks around the Hamilton house. You may have noticed that the blog posts have been few and far between.

Exactly two weeks ago today, I came down with a nasty bug that kept me home from work for two days. For the past two weeks I have been battling one ailment or another. Today has been the best so far, so lets hope for a repeat tomorrow.

Oliver came down with something two Friday's ago, five days after I did. He battled a fever for four days. Keith stayed home with him on Monday since I had just missed two days the week before and I'm taking Monday off since Oliver's school is closed for teacher training. Keith also stayed home Tuesday morning to let Oliver sleep in. He woke up fired up and fever free, so he went to school. When he walked in Keith said he hugged Cadence and then ran off and played with Charlie. He was ear to ear smiles and stoked to be back with his buddies. At 3:00 I got a phone call that his fever was back. I took him to the Dr that afternoon and found out he had the beginning signs of an ear infection and pneumonia. Next stop was the pharmacy for some top of the line generic antibiotics.

Keith has been a trooper and has been battling mini versions of what Oliver and I have had. He has been wonderful at taking care of the two of us. Hopefully Oliver and I are on the mend so that we can pamper him next weekend.

Between the three of us, we have covered the following: coughing, sneezing, running nose, fever, headache, stomach ache, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea, fatigue, insomnia, big appetite, no appetite and large doses of crankiness! Needless to say, there are no photos to document these moments.

Oliver and I have a date day planned tomorrow. We have big plans to go to Barnes and Noble in search of new books followed by lunch with Dad. I'm hoping we all wake up feeling wonderful and rearing to go.

We did manage to get out this past Friday for our friend Geoff's 40th birthday. I have a few photos from that night as well as some Valentines day photos of Oliver to share. I'm off to get some more rest, but maybe I'll get to posting the photos tomorrow during nap time. Keep your fingers crossed for a good quality nap. Those don't come around every day now either. Something about Oliver being two and wanting to exert his independence by playing instead of napping. This usually guarantees a disaster by 4 PM.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails