Monday, August 3, 2009

Celebrating Ten Years

This past weekend I spent in Coronado, CA with my friends Jenni and Anne. After we booked the trip we realized, we have been friends ten years as of this summer. Wow! Where has the time gone?

Jenni is living in Coronado with her husband Doug and son Kaden. They have a very cute place just moments from everything. We had a great time!

Here we are, Anne, Jenni, Kaden and I on the back deck enjoying Friday afternoon.
Jenni and Kaden (4)
Friday night, Jenni had a function to attend at the beach. Anne and I took advantage of the opportunity to check out the ocean and take a few photos. Since we are both land locked (Anne in NV), it is not every day that we see the ocean.
YIPPEEEE For a girls weekend in Coronado with Jenni and Anne!
Self portrait of Anne and Carrie
Classic toe photos

YAY!!!!
Friday night, Anne, Jenni and I went out for dessert, on bicycles! Jenni has 2 bikes and she rented one more for us. We biked nearly everywhere that weekend and Friday night was no exception. Biking around was one of my favorite parts, seriously!
On the steps to the restaurant we chose for dessert. Saturday morning we went to pick up bagels and then we took Kaden and Sadie (the dog) to the dog beach.
You can see from this photo that Kaden's ride became a cart for all of our stuff. Poor Kid!

Jenni and Kaden making a sand castle
Kaden is happy to be at the beach
Anne, Jenni and Carrie: morning self-portrait.
Carrie on the beach
Kaden and Jenni at the beach

This photo cracks me up. Jenni wanted a nice photo of her, Kaden and Sadie. This is as good as it was going to get. I think it speaks a thousand words.
For lunch we ventured to Miguel's
Carrie, Anne and Kaden waiting for a table.
My sister-in-law, Lindsey, joined us for lunch. It was GREAT to see her!!
Carrie and Lindsey outside of Miguel's, across from the Hotel Del.
Jenni, Carrie and Anne in the same location.
Saturday night we had 7:00 dinner reservations at 1500 Ocean in the Hotel Del Coronado.
Jenni treated us to a ride in her husbands Porche.
Ooooo La La!!!!
If you have ever wondered if it was possible to get three leggy ladies in a porche... It is!!!
Watch out Coronado... Three hot ladies out on the town in one hot car!
Destination ahead, Hotel Del Coronado
Jenni at the wheel!
Anne and Jenni loving the ride.
So I know this is completely a tourist photo, but I'm sharing it anyway. Since it was my first time at the Hotel Del, Anne insisted that I needed to take this photo. I agree, great shot.

Before dinner we got drinks at the bar just outside of 1500 Ocean.
I love this photo of Jenni's classic "having fun" smile.
By the way... Dinner was AMAZING!!!
Ahhhh.... Cocktails at last!
This was a raspberry mint julep and it was SO good! YUM!

Sunday morning we went out for breakfast and then took a walk through town. Our final stop was the beach. It was a beautiful day and we were all wishing that we didn't have to leave so that we could have relaxed on the beach. Maybe next time, girls!

Anne, Carrie and Jenni: one last time on the beach.
It was a GREAT Time! Hope to do it again soon!!!
When I arrived home last night at 8 PM, it was still 80 degrees in Denver. I soon remembered that I had driven the car and I decided to put the top down to bring the weekend to a proper close. As I was driving home, the warm summer wind whipping through my hair, the sun setting off to the west over the mountains and the bright moon rising over head, I reflected back on what great friends I have.
The past ten years have brought about many changes, but we have been together through it all. The rise and fall of friendships, romances, pets and re-locations.
Dating, Weddings, Children, Career Moves and Home Moves.
Between the three of us, we have moved coast to coast and to five different states.
As I drove, I reflected on not only what we have been through, but how I have grown having them in my life.
Anne taught me how to be a strong, confident, tall women. To own a situation, to walk with presence and to hold my own with the top brass.
Jenni has shown me how to be compasionate, patient and loyal; always thinking of others first.
The two of these women are not only the dearest of friends, they have helped make me the woman I am today.
Speaking of the women we are today... I dusted off a few photo albums from ten years ago and found these photos of us three. I am convinced that no matter what, when we look back ten years at photos we will always wonder "what was I thinking with my hair?!"
Carrie, Anne and Jenni: St Patrick's Day 2000
(Lynne), Carrie, Jenni and Anne: O'Club Party Summer 2000
Carrie, Anne and Jenni: Navy Ball 1999
Carrie, Anne and Jenni: Lake Taho Condo Fall/Winter 1999/2000
Jenni, Carrie and Anne: O'Club Party 2000

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails