Monday, June 8, 2009

A Remarkable Genius

Last week, I noticed something that I have never noticed before. It was just another night at the Hamiltons for Oliver; dinner, bath, books and bed. During bath time he was quite content playing with his toys. I realized that I could crack open a book while he was bathing. We would both be happy! I read a chapter or so and then decided that it was time for Oliver to get out. He was pointing out some of his artwork he created with his bath crayons. For the first time ever, I realized he was trying to write him name. Call me crazy, but it's true. He repeated it three times. He has the first part pretty good but has some work to do on the back half. Once I saw it, I realized that I had seen this on some of his art projects. Is it possible our kid is a genius, or are we just overly proud parents?

On top of that, he had a fabulous compliment from the Dr. He had a terrible cough and started to get a fever so I took him to the Dr. As she examined him and determined that he had the beginning stages of pneumonia (which is all cleared up thanks to antibiotics), she also noticed something else. I quote when I point out that she said, "His speech is remarkable". I asked her about it and she said that she was very surprised at how clear his words were. Ahhh... our boy is a genius AND remarkable!!!! Ya, a parent has to brag now and then :)
So, it may seem odd to you that I am reading while Oliver is in the tub. I have a confession, I'm HOOKED on the Twilight series. Have any of you read them? They are totally and completely addicting. As I admit this to people around me I'm finding that I'm not alone. We watched the movie 2 weekends ago; I read the first book in 5 days and the second book in 3 days. That is over 1,000 pages!! This is not normal behavior but I can't put them down. I just started book #3 and I'm already sad to know that it will end with book #4. Ugh!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails