Thursday, May 29, 2008

Back Yard Project

We have decided to take out the flower beds in the back yard. They are a nightmare to weed and the wood is starting to fall apart. The unfortunate part is we don't really know what we're in for since the people who owned the house before us put them in. Keith has been anxious to take them out since we moved in. We made a deal that he would take them out if I entertained Oliver for a couple of weekends. Here are some "before" pictures. Hopefully in a few weeks we'll have some "after" pictures. We expect it to take the next couple of months to get the exact plants we want to put in, but hopefully it is done by this fall. We are also planning to put in a water feature of some sort. Keith said since I'm not doing the work it is up to him to design it. This is driving me crazy, of course, since I'm such a planner. BUT... I suppose it's worth the trade off to not have to tear all of this out. However, I will be sure to get my two cents in along the way, especially if I'm at the nursery when he is buying the plants. AH HA!!!

I saw Keith doing this when I was in the kitchen. I thought it was quite ingenious so I took a picture. He says that this is how it used to be done before tractors. Hmm... not so sure about that, but I bought into it. Good thing I married an engineer to impress me with this kind of stuff!!!

There are a total of three flower beds (weeding nightmares) equipped with sprinklers and lights. Hopefully our vision of what will this space will become is as good as we think it will be and we won't miss any of this. (By the way... it is also heaven for neighborhood snakes which I will NOT miss)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a movie clip of this Keith/tractor move would have been cute - I'm sure you will love it when it's done - mom

Related Posts with Thumbnails