Sunday, March 22, 2015

Good Ride, Cowboy

17 years ago, I finally admitted that I enjoyed Country Music.  Before then, it was socially tabu, in my book.  It was around this time that I moved to Northern Nevada where country music was on every other radio station.  It was also in Nevada that I discovered my love of country dancing.  Really, it's fortunate that country music and country dancing came two-steppin' into my life because that's how Keith Wyoming Waltzed his way into my life, but that's a story for another post.

In this post, I write about how all of those years ago I knew that Garth Brooks would be an epic concert.  Then... he retired.  So, when he came out of retirement and made Denver a stop on his tour, I knew that we had to be there.
Lucky for us, Kristen and Brad wanted to be there too (as well as Kristi, not pictured) and Brad has some mad skills when it comes to clicking "purchase" on the ticket sales website.  His skills are SO good that we were THIS close!

Carrie, Keith, Kristen and Brad









Garth (yes, we're on a first name basis) played all of the clasics for over two hours.  Maybe it was nearly three hours.  I'm not sure, but I do know that it was AWESOME!!!  He rocked the house and then went on to play another show that night.  Amazing!!

Meanwhile, while Garth was bustin' out another amazing show for a packed house, we were down the street being hypnotized by my martini.  (Disclaimer, it looks better than it tasted)
We stayed out well passed our bedtime and then caught a Pedi-Cab back to our hotel room.  (oh yes, our kids were at home with Brad and Kristen's kids and their nanny.  It was fantastic!)
What happens when four parents go out on the town without kids on a Friday night and jump on a Pedi-Cab?  We take a blurry photo, of course.
What an amazing concert Garth put on.  We all had so much fun, but the fun wasn't ready to stop.  Before heading back to the responsibilities of parenthood, we went to a famous diner in Denver.
Carrie and Kristen at Sams No. 3.

******

Then.... two days later, we were back at it. 

I had won tickets to attend the Sunday Garth Brooks show (he played 8 total) and my sister-in-law Stephanie was supposed to go with me.  I was SO excited to share this with her.  Sadly, in the first hour of a seven hour drive to Denver, her daughter was projectile vomiting in the backseat of their suburban, so they turned around and went home.

Lucky for me, I had a back up date who was eager to attend.



It was fun to see the difference between the two nights, besides the location of the seats.  Much of the show was the same, but one of our favorite highlights was that he played "Good Ride, Cowboy", his tribute to Chris LeDoux.  Keith and I spent our dating years attending Chris LeDoux concerts until he passed away.  It was a perfect ending to our date.

We have checked the box, twice, for seeing Garth Brooks in concert.  I would check that box again in a heart beat, given the chance.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails