Monday, July 15, 2013

Developing Memories

As I find myself an entire month behind on blog posts, I also find that I have the luxury of going back a month to look at and edit photos for the blog.  Even though I may be a month behind, this does not mean that we have stopped having fun and enjoying the summer.  In fact, this proves to be the opposite since we've been enjoying the long warm days and not going to bed early so that I can work on the blog with my laptop cozy on my lap while I'm snug in our tempur pedic bed.  As much as I would love to have real time blog posts, I'm also finding that there are hidden treasures in month old blog posts.  As a reader, this may not be thrilling.  I get that concept as a reader of other blogs.  As the author and a photographer, this takes me back to film days.  Back to the days when you had to fill up an entire roll of 24 or 36 exposure film, take it to the drug store, hope to drop it off before pick-up, wait 2 or 3 days for it to come back from the lab, drive in to town to pick up the photos and then look at them.  Sometimes, this was weeks after an event occurred.  For some, it could be months.  For me, usually days as I would fill up a roll of film in a blink of an eye (sometimes with eye blinks on film, get it?) and because I'm schedule oriented, I usually hit the film developing counter at the right times.  The added bonus was moving to the city life where they had ONE HOUR FILM DEVELOPING.  Can I hear a WHOOP WHOOP?  The best part was rushing to the Little Red Tercel to tear open the envelope and flip through photos of the night before, week before or month before.  There was a treat in every photo flip.  I loved it.  Sometimes, I miss it.  So, in this past month, I've found myself with similar behavior.  I didn't view and edit photos in real time.  I took photos and then waited.  When I did open them on my Mac, a month after the fact, I savored each one, each moment in time.  It was great fun to look back on times gone by.  It was fun to remember, hey, Oliver had a great play date, the back yard sure has gone through a transformation, hey look, we added to the family.  As we continue to create Memory Making Moments this summer, enjoy a look back at where we've been while we Develop Memories in month old blog posts.

Side Note... I'll leave this post at the top for now.  Be sure to scroll down to see if there is a little surprise of a new blog post.  Maybe they won't quite be a month old when you check back?  Maybe?   (Be sure to click Older Post below)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails