Sunday, December 1, 2013

Trimming the Tree

Each year, trimming the tree becomes more and more of a treat.  My favorite part is going through each ornament with the boys and talking about when they received them.  By far, Oliver has the most ornaments.  Not only because he's the oldest, but because he was the first.  I think that we have a dozen ornaments just from his first year.  We have managed to be more conservative these past few years and it's fun to see what ornament they picked to represent each year.  I just realized, I didn't take photos of this years ornaments but I bet you can guess what they are.  Oliver's is a football and Kellan's is a choo choo train.
Oliver is getting so good at helping with the tree.  He takes each ornament out of the packaging very carefully and places them on the table in preparation for trimming the tree.

Kellan is getting quite good at trimming the tree himself.
He is also good for a Big CHEESE!

I always melt when he gives his head tip in admiration.
I am willing to bet that this is his all time favorite ornament.  
He can push a little button and hear it play "Frosty the Snowman".  We hear it all month long and it is usually accompanied with him doing a jig with a big smile.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails